Antenna Configuration

Reaction score
    Okay - it's well established that I'm a MAJER NOOB regarding lots of things concerning this game. Well, here's another:

1. How exactly should the antenna blocks be lined-up for optimal function? The description In-Game only confuses me more. So, say I have a ship that is 300m in the Z-direction and 120m in the Y-direction -- should I line-up my antenna blocks Z-wise or Y-wise ?

2. Is there any point in having more than 1 antenna line?

3. Does making your antenna go in 2 or 3 dimensions have any use/benefit ?

(I did a Forum-search for antenna info but didn't find what I was looking for, so I'm just throwing this out there....)

/Noob-Alert Off

Reaction score
    According to the WIKI orientation and lay-out don't actually matter, just the number of modules. I've tried with modules in one straight line and scattered through-out the build and have not noticed any difference.

Reaction score
    Many thanks to you, sir! Cuz that's NOT what the in-game block description states or implies (obviously.) Although scattering them all about makes them difficult to find after you've buried them behind huge masses of other stuff....

Cheers, m8
    ~EE

Edit: May I ask which WIKI you used? Cuz I went to the "Official" Star-Made WIKI and still could find no mention of how antennae work.... (Are there *gasp!* "other" WIKI's out there?)

Last edited: