another starmade style game?

Reaction score
    http://www.indiedb.com/games/untold-universe/news/untold-universe-private-alpha-and-new-website

http://www.untold-universe.com/

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Yet another awesome project by a small studio looking to get it\'s name out in a massive market. I saw them a while ago and introduced myself, but their forums seem rather slow. I do hope they get some more attention, as I do believe that soon enough they may deserve it!

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It looks like they ripped the realistic basic texture :p

Reaction score
    Spherical planets.

In their earliest alpha.

Somehow it wasn\'t too difficult for THEM...

Reaction score
    jea but I could park their \"planets\" inside the belly of my ship ... multiple times.

Reaction score
    Yeah the fact that they have spherical planets kind of bothers me...

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    I know Schema already tried spherical planets. Yes, other games will have it, but they are likely not using the Schine engine, and don\'t have all the same challenges as Starmade\'s universe. Each project has their own problems and solutions. Also, would proformance drop significantly if Schema did make spherical planets? I think it\'d be awesome if someone could make a mod for it, and if it works, then they could show Schema. But since Schema had tried it and posted the difficulties in the news, I don\'t see it coming too soon.
    Still, it looks like a cool game! I still prefer Starmade, however, though it will be interesting to watch and see how that one progresses.

News Post on Spherical Planets:
    http://star-made.org/content/starmade-dev-update-why-spherical-planets-dont-fit-block-world

Reaction score
    I don\'t really need spherical planets. In fact flouting islands, like broken parts of planets, would look really cool. Just like the planet ships this guy is doing recently.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    I saw those! I love how those are designed and all the little beautiful details.. I\'m not sure how it could fit in lore-wise if it has to fit in any lore, but I\'d love to see that normally in game, or even modded. They seem like they\'d be a bit more interesting to explore in my opinion, probably just because I like how they look so much.

Reaction score
    Jup and I don\'t think it would be to hard for schema to code a generator which would supply us with as many of those we want. It would not even be necessary to change gravity.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I don\'t really need spherical planets. In fact flouting islands, like broken parts of planets, would look really cool. Just like the planet ships this guy is doing recently.

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1

+1 +1

+1 ? :)

Reaction score
    I could make evrtyhing in this game except for the spherical planets by retexturing the game. That\'s how similar these games are.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    i think i read that they are aiming on making it a Free to play MMO, dont qoute me on that tho.