Another solar panel, and Photopile

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Hi pilots!

First, sorry if I haven't a good english, I'm french ;)

I know there's some other threads about solar panel, but I want to complete this idea.

1- Power solar panels can be simple blocs, that produce power from the star you are next to. But like other says, the power produced decrease massively with the star distance.
    This can add to the Rp side of the game that's planned (and give good designs with solar panels deployed with logic).

2- Power transmitter: this can be a "beam" (or just a frequence-based signal) between two transmitter/receiver structures in different sectors.
    It can be used for transmit the solar power from a solar satellite to a station, with a X sectors range.

3- Photopile: an item/bloc that is a concentration of power, like THAT (in french). Photopile can be used for some functions: a special weapon that needs enormous power, transporter with more distance, same for WARP gates or WARP in ships... But the "dark side" of this Photopile is that if you do [something] (or you explode them with explosives) they can explode in a massive explosion, rapidly disabling shields and destroying blocs...

4- If photopile accepted: Photobombe, that is a special ship / weapon, with EXTREME COST, use the destructive effect of photopiles to produce a big BOOM. Like THIS (in french too)
    EXTREME COST means very high, like hundreds of photopiles and a cost with other systems like propulsion, shields, no WARP...

5- Photopile solar panel: the same panel as the power's, but to create photopiles

I know it's very precise, or not very important for this state of the game, but photopiles can have other uses, and become a great economy factor. Any idea/comment/bad side for this suggestion? :)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'm picturing the Solar System from Gundam 0079 here.

It's basically an oversized version of Archemedies' death beam.

Imagine a huge array of solar panels/reflectors that focus the light of a star to a focused beam of destruction! In the anime it was used to wipe out whole fleets, but had a rediculously long charge time due to having to align the mirrors to just the right point. Food for thought.