Read by Council Animated transition between gravity fields

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    This is a minor suggestion, and more of a polish thing rather than an Alpha feature, but here it is anyway.

When changing between gravity fields of different orientation, instead of the camera instantly snapping to the new orientation it should animate smoothly between them over 500 ms or so. The reason is I'm building a ship with gravity in different directions in different parts of the ship, and transitioning is very disorienting and it takes me a few seconds to get my bearings. If it animated smoothly, I don't think I'd lose my bearings.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    This would really help with planets too assuming it's able to keep your general direction while transitioning.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    This would really help with planets too assuming it's able to keep your general direction while transitioning.
    Oh yeah, I totally forgot about planets. One time I glitched through a planet and warped to the other side. I tried to return to base (had no ship core on me) and got disoriented every time I crossed a plate boundary, and never made it back to base.