An open request

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This is an open request to any player or server admin with the resources to host one server, for this thing:
    Ares Mod

Ares mod by Jeryia is a kind of advanced battle mode that merits from Dreadnought and Fractured Space, bringing an arena battle of at least 2v2 teams into the game. The goal is to remove the faction block of the enemy's starbase, by either raw firepower or a successful boarding attempt.
    In Ares, you buy your starting spaceship with credits. Blueprints are provided, but you can also use your own as long as you can afford it. Each of the 2 sides have a shop where they can sell the remains of their wrecked ships, or salvaged blocks, also the game generates credits for each player over time to allow purchase of larger vessels as the game progresses.
    On the map, there are also mining sectors protected by NPC vessels, upon their destruction these can be claimed for extra income.

The game auto-assigns players to teams upon login, but changing teams is also possible. The game can be started when there are at least 2 players on each team. Upon victory of one team, the map reverts and a grace period for preparation starts before next round.

Playing Ares Mod was the most fun, no holds barred, no repercussions and no grind PvP I ever had outside Blood and Steel, that doesn't only allow anyone from the community a good chance to practice, but also for different factions to settle their conflicts on an even ground, or just have some fun.

This is what battle mode should have been in the first place.

For further information, please respond here or contact Jeryia

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    lol we need to poke a few more server admins to see what'll happen. :)

Nuclear Doughnut

A Radioactive Pastry
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    With the PIE Build server lost to corruption... and the lack of EH interest right now in re-setting things up... Maybe an ARES Mod would be possibility to the PIE hardware...

Reactions: JumpSuit

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Also, needs to be hyped the f*** out because right now only a handful of people know this is a thing. And I can't imagine a safer and more fun environment for newbies or casuals to get some good free PvP

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    I use to always post the Server link on any server I've been on when ARES was up and running. All my public stations and my HQ station had display blocks that showed the servers my faction was on and the ARES Mod server was always one of them because I used it for PvP build testing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I'd totally support something like this. I built a faction called Battlezone on a former server, and manually ran such events and PvP situations. It had a station and a player sized gate leading to a locked sector with a 2nd station where your PvP ships were docked. I had no scripts, so I just manually governed battles between other players and/or myself. This was also a smaller scale, but people loved it.

What would be the most awesome form of Ares, is a persistent Homeworld universe with Taiidan vs. Kushan factions a few sectors apart, continually going at each other in the middle. Between several players (including myself) we've got most of the ships in-game to set that up. We just need the scripts running behind the server to keep things maintained.

Reactions: Arkudo