An issue with Jump Inhibitors, possibly....

Reaction score
    I have a small test platform that has a single pickup rail clock outputting to a single jumpdrive with a single module.

On this same test platform I have 5 separate jump inhibitors, each with it's own module, each controlled by it's own button.

The problem I have encountered is this: As long as the jump drive is being charged by the clock, the jump inhibitors do not drain it whatsoever. I manually activate all 5, 1 at a time, and sure enough they each eat about 20k power (yes there's over 200k power on the test platform) as they activate and stay activated, but the jump drive stays completely full. If I delete the jumpdrive and replace it, without turning off the inhibitors, I can watch it slowly charge right up....with all 5 inhibitors blazing at once, lol.

Anyone else run into this?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    If I recall correctly, only one inhibitor per entity can actually do anything, so if the clock is charging the drive faster than the inhibitor is draining it, you would see it charge up. The real test is whether you can actually jump with that drive in this state, or if the inhibitor's efforts keep it at 99.99% and just shy of jump-ready. Another test is turn off all the inhibitors and charge up the drive, observing whether it charges faster than with them on; if so, at least one is working.

If each of those inhibitors is on a separate or docked entity, all 5 would work against the jump drive.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    inhibitors on the same ship as the jump drives wont affect the drives

Centauri

Ancient Lurker & Modder
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Jump inhibitors effect any jumpdrive within its radius, including drives on the same entity.

I have a small test platform that has a single pickup rail clock outputting to a single jumpdrive with a single module.

On this same test platform I have 5 separate jump inhibitors, each with it's own module, each controlled by it's own button.

The problem I have encountered is this: As long as the jump drive is being charged by the clock, the jump inhibitors do not drain it whatsoever. I manually activate all 5, 1 at a time, and sure enough they each eat about 20k power (yes there's over 200k power on the test platform) as they activate and stay activated, but the jump drive stays completely full. If I delete the jumpdrive and replace it, without turning off the inhibitors, I can watch it slowly charge right up....with all 5 inhibitors blazing at once, lol.

Anyone else run into this?

Is this the system you have set up? I am confused by what exactly you mean by a pickup rail dock. (Also, this is insufficient to keep the jumpdrive from charging in its current state in the photo I posted)

Reaction score
    If I recall correctly, only one inhibitor per entity can actually do anything, so if the clock is charging the drive faster than the inhibitor is draining it, you would see it charge up. The real test is whether you can actually jump with that drive in this state, or if the inhibitor's efforts keep it at 99.99% and just shy of jump-ready. Another test is turn off all the inhibitors and charge up the drive, observing whether it charges faster than with them on; if so, at least one is working.

If each of those inhibitors is on a separate or docked entity, all 5 would work against the jump drive.
    Each jump inhibitor combo, as in one computer and one slave module, is independently activated manually. There is no limit per entity in this state, only a limit per logic pulse if activated in that manner.

Even one jump inhibitor with a single module is more than enough t0 counter a single jump drive computer with a single module slaved. The jump drive will charge at full speed with or without the inhibitor activated. A sensor mastered to the jump computer confirms this, showing the jump computer will never even break 99% charged with 5 independent inhibitors firing at once. It stays fully charged if charged and charges at full speed if depleted.
    [doublepost=1486351292,1486351198][/doublepost]
    This is not true unless it was recently changed in an update and not announced. Inhibitors affect all jump drives within their respective range.
    [doublepost=1486351564][/doublepost]
    Jump inhibitors effect any jumpdrive within its radius, including drives on the same entity.

Is this the system you have set up? I am confused by what exactly you mean by a pickup rail dock. (Also, this is insufficient to keep the jumpdrive from charging in its current state in the photo I posted)
    Although the clock you depicted in a bit slower than the one I employ, the concept is nearly exactly the same. The amount of inhibitors you have set up, assuming they are activated one by one individually, represent FAR more drain than a single jump drive/module can provide, even if were charged via hotbar and mouse. If all 5 of your jump inhibitor sets are activated manually, simultaneously or not, that simple slow clock jump drive charge should never be able to overcome the inhibitors much less be totally unaffected by it.