• Legacy Citizen
    This is outdated.

Here is the blockbehaviorconfig section for:
    The salvage beam
    <SalvageBeam>
    <BasicValues>
    <PowerConsumption>250</PowerConsumption>
    <Distance>100</Distance> <!-- timeBetweenHits = 1 / (unitSize^pow)*mult -->
    <SpeedPowPerUnit>1</SpeedPowPerUnit> <!-- this non linear scaling up of beam ROF the larger an array is will impact balance in a nasty way, can we make it a set value -->
    <SpeedMultPerUnit>0.5</SpeedMultPerUnit> <!-- This speed is equivilant to 20 seconds mining time per block salvaged, the astronaut mines 1 block per second -->
    <CoolDown>0</CoolDown> <!-- Time it takes to fire beam again from the start-time it first activated -->
    <BurstTime>0</BurstTime> <!-- Time the beam will fire -->
    <InitialTicks>0</InitialTicks> <!-- Ticks to do at the initial contact of beam with a block -->
    </BasicValues>
    <Combination>
    <Cannon>
    <HitSpeed style="nerf" value="4" />
    <Distance style="skip" />
    <PowerConsumption style="buff" value="0.75" linear="true" />
    <PowerPerHit style="skip" linear="true" />
    <Split style="skip" />
    <CoolDown style="set" value="0"/> <!-- Time it takes to fire beam again from the start-time it first activated -->
    <BurstTime style="set" value="0"/> <!-- Time the beam will fire -->
    <InitialTicks style="set" value="0"/> <!-- Ticks to do at the initial contact of beam with a block -->
    </Cannon>
    <Missile>
    <HitSpeed style="skip" />
    <PowerConsumption style="nerf" value="10" linear="true"/>
    <PowerPerHit style="nerf" value="10" linear="true" />
    <Split style="buff" value="10"/>
    <CoolDown style="set" value="0"/> <!-- Time it takes to fire beam again from the start-time it first activated -->
    <InitialTicks style="set" value="0"/> <!-- Ticks to do at the initial contact of beam with a block -->
    </Missile>
    <Beam>
    <HitSpeed style="nerf" value="1.5"/>
    <Distance style="buff" value="4" />
    <Split style="skip" />
    </Beam>
    <Pulse>
    <HitSpeed style="nerf" value="2.5" />
    <Distance style="buff" value="2"/>
    <Split style="skip" />
    </Pulse>

</Combination>
    </SalvageBeam>

The PowerDrain beam
    <PowerDrain>
    <BasicValues>
    <DrainPerHit>20</DrainPerHit>
    <PowerConsumption>10</PowerConsumption>
    <Distance>200</Distance> <!-- timeBetweenHits = 1 / (unitSize^pow)*mult -->
    <SpeedPowPerUnit>1</SpeedPowPerUnit> <!-- this non linear scaling up of beam ROF the larger an array is will impact balance in a nasty way, can we make it a set value -->
    <SpeedMultPerUnit>7</SpeedMultPerUnit>
    <CoolDown>0</CoolDown> <!-- Time it takes to fire beam again from the start-time it first activated -->
    <InitialTicks>0</InitialTicks> <!-- Ticks to do at the initial contact of beam with a block -->
    </BasicValues>
    <Combination>
    <Cannon>
    <HitSpeed style="nerf" value="5" />
    <PowerConsumption style="buff" value="1" linear="true" />
    <PowerPerHit style="buff" value="1" linear="true" />
    <Split style="skip" />
    </Cannon>
    <Missile>
    <PowerConsumption style="skip" linear="true" />
    <Split style="buff" value="10" />
    </Missile>
    <Beam>
    <Distance style="buff" value="3" />
    <Split style="skip" />
    </Beam>
    <Pulse>
    <Distance style="buff" value="1.5" />
    <Split style="skip" />
    </Pulse>
    </Combination>
    </PowerDrain>

The PowerSupply beam
    <PowerSupply>
    <BasicValues>
    <SupplyPerHit>40</SupplyPerHit>
    <PowerConsumption>60</PowerConsumption>
    <Distance>200</Distance> <!-- timeBetweenHits = 1 / (unitSize^pow)*mult -->
    <SpeedMultPerUnit>7</SpeedMultPerUnit>
    </BasicValues>
    <Combination>
    <Cannon>
    <HitSpeed style="nerf" value="5" />
    <Split style="skip" />
    </Cannon>
    <Missile>
    <PowerConsumption style="nerf" value="10" linear="true" />
    </Missile>
    <Beam>
    <HitSpeed style="nerf" value="1.5"/>
    <Split style="skip" />
    </Beam>
    <Pulse>
    <Distance style="buff" value="2" />
    <Split style="skip" />
    </Pulse>
    </Combination>
    </PowerSupply>

The Astro Technician (the repair beam in the config)
    <RepairBeam>
    <BasicValues>
    <RepairPerHit>10</RepairPerHit>
    <PowerConsumption>200</PowerConsumption>
    <Distance>100</Distance> <!-- timeBetweenHits = 1 / (unitSize^pow)*mult -->
    <SpeedMultPerUnit>2</SpeedMultPerUnit>
    </BasicValues>
    <Combination>
    <Cannon>
    <HitSpeed style="nerf" value="4" />
    <PowerPerHit style="buff" value="0.75" linear="true" />
    <Split style="skip" />
    </Cannon>
    <Missile>
    <PowerConsumption style="nerf" value="10" linear="true" />
    <PowerPerHit style="nerf" value="10" linear="true"/>
    </Missile>
    <Beam>
    <HitSpeed style="nerf" value="1.5" />
    <Split style="skip" />
    </Beam>
    <Pulse>
    <Distance style="buff" value="2" />
    <Split style="skip" />
    </Pulse>
    </Combination>
    </RepairBeam>

If you don't want to do it yourself, just copy the config (it is in the zip) and replace the old one. I would recommend creating a backup of the old blockbehaviorconfig, in case something goes wrong.

Edit: feel free to suggest other changes or changes to my changes. I will update this from time to time (every update).

What this does is the following:
    • All the slave combinations now increase power consumption. Most of the time it will be 1,5x.
    • Salvage now only uses 500 e/s per default.
    • The cannon effects now is 2,5 times less powerful, leaving you to use at least 2 non-damage beam modules with 2 cannons to get 4/5 the effect you would normally get when using 1 non-damage beam module and 1 cannon. The value in the config for speed increase is now 4 instead of 10.
    • The damage beam effect now increases the range more for the beams that can't be used against other ships, resulting in the effect being 2x and 3x increase in range, depending on the beam it is used for.
    • The damage beam effect now also increases the speed. This value is 1,5 compared to the 4 of the cannon, so it is way less powerful, but you don't need to make the arrays ridiculously large now.
    • The damage pulse now increases range, but less than the beam effect. The effect can either increase the range by 1,5 or 2.
    • The damage pulse now also increases speed. The value is 2,5 compared to the 1,5 for damage beams and the 4 for cannons.
    The cannon effect now no longer decreases energy consumption, but even increases it by 1,5. Same increase applies to all other slave combinations with the above listed beams.
    I improved the damage beam effect and gave the damage pulse a use.
    I didn't change the missile effect. I might give it a speed increase with a value of 1 in the future.

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reactions: WaffulMann
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    So what did you change? You should post at least a quick overview of what you changed and how it affects gameplay.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I am curious as well as to how this is better. I have not gotten around to testing out salvage since .15.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Added an explanation for those who don't understand the config values. It is understandable that there are people who don't understand them, so I'm not trying to hurt their feelings or so by posting this. I'm just saying that the config values are hard to understand without checking the ingame effect. I put that there for the people who did understand the values and then could use them for their own purposes.

Oh, I wouldn't recommend using my config in the current version btw. It is outdated. Said so at the top of the list. I will post another config like this if it doesn't get changed by the mod section once I know how to use diff files.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Added an explanation for those who don't understand the config values. It is understandable that there are people who don't understand them, so I'm not trying to hurt their feelings or so by posting this. I'm just saying that the config values are hard to understand without checking the ingame effect. I put that there for the people who did understand the values and then could use them for their own purposes.

Oh, I wouldn't recommend using my config in the current version btw. It is outdated. Said so at the top of the list. I will post another config like this if it doesn't get changed by the mod section once I know how to use diff files.
    It's not that I don't understand it; I just want to know what the fuck I'm downloading BEFORE i download it.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    That is fine too, I understand that people want to know what it is. But like I said, don't bother, it is outdated.