An Idea to Make Large Ship Building Easier:

Reaction score
    I have an idea to make large ship building a thousand times easier: add a blueprint editor. It would require an expensive block named "Blueprint Editor" and when you interact with said block, it opens an interface saying "Create New" or "Edit Existing". From there it would ask you if you were going to build a "ship" or a "station". This editor would look the same as the ship building function that already exists. It would just implement a Worldedit or MCEdit like feature to the game so that one would no longer have to tediously place blocks by hand. It would also have similar commands such as "cut" "copy" "paste" "replace" "set" etc. In short, this Editor would be used to provide a grief-free ship editor that would be used to drastically shorten the amount of time it takes to create an interstellar masterpiece!

P.S. Feel free to suggest anything in the comments section if you feel that anything needs to be modified, removed, or added.

Reactions: Darkatus
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    So basically in-game SMEdit. There is definitely a need for this type of features either as an in-game options or third-party software. Of course it would be nice if we had dev-made or dev-approved program added to vanilla game, but i guess writing such program can take some time, so Schema may not have time to work on such thing in the nearest future.

SMEdit is a program giving plenty editing tools but since few updates ago is not working due to some changes in blueprints saves and some other things i guess (i'm not a programmer :) ) and now there are some people from community working to revive this program and enhance it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Honestly, this is better done by 3rd party programs. It would be nice to incorporate an in-game copy and paste method in advanced build mode though... And undo would be beautiful as well.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    The main problem with making large ships easier to build is then every server can be quickly flooded with 2-minute titans, which is bad for the health of the players, servers, and overall game community as a whole.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I think more advanced build mode functions would be better. Remove specific block type. repaint hull, remove and replace block types, undo, copy-paste for repetitive things that are annoying to constantly build (ie circles)

Reaction score
    so i can see the copy paste in the new build mode but how do i select a part to copy?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    so i can see the copy paste in the new build mode but how do i select a part to copy?
    papamaanbeer
    It's rather annoying but click copy. Now you can only copy sections as large as the area you can place blocks in (default 10 by 10 by 10) click the area you want to copy as if you were deleting it. Now you may paste it.

(May not be 100% right, practice before using)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    afther a couple of trys i got it, now to change the size of the selection over 10x10x10,...

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    afther a couple of trys i got it, now to change the size of the selection over 10x10x10,...
    You can. There is a config setting to increase the selection box to any size you want. But do note, too large might crash your client.