An apology to Schema

Maxajax

Praise the Omnissiah and strike down his foes
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Dear Schema,

I have been playing Starmade since before shield blocks existed. During that time this game has seen a lot of changes. Changes that I have not always welcomed with open arms. This is mainly because (from an outside perspective) it always seemed like you were out of touch with the community, and that the only content feedback related to Starmade that reached you came from crazy people on Starmade-Dock who only design pretty ships that couldn't kill a griefer if their life depended on it. Notable examples being the Amber Fate which could not even power it's own thrusters and the plethora of 1 million block cruisers that had the same firepower as some of my 50k block destroyers. For the larger part of my time in Starmade I've always believed that the people on Starmade-Dock would lead you astray with nonsensical patch requests until Starmade eventually died.

Recently my opinion has changed. I have learned about your co-operation with the administrators of servers. These days I mainly play on Genxnova and I consider Bobby to be a friend and a great server host. On several occasions he has told me that he uploaded his server's error logs to you, and that you fixed the problem within 24 hours. This is admirable and commendable. It stands in contrast with the things I heard about you when I played on Red Shift, which was administrated by Koderz. Recently Bobby told me that you held a 3 hour live-stream meet&greet with some of the more known names in the community, and that, before the meeting even began, you already knew who each person was, what they do in Starmade and what they were going to ask. Someone that is able to do that cannot be out of touch with the community. The fact that you killed them all by spawning in 20.000 Isanths also pleased me greatly.

Due to the reasons cited above, I want to apologize to you for believing that you weren't listening to the sane part of the playerbase that is concerned with the gameplay quality of the game as opposed to the dumb part that craves special effects and makes unrealistic demands. Experiencing the development of Starmade has been a bumpy and frustrating ride, but when I compare the Starmade of 2012 to the Starmade of today, I can only deduce that the game has advanced by leaps and bounds. I have always been aware that you were doing most of the coding alone. It has never been your perseverence nor your effort that I have drawn into question. I have immense respect for the fact that you have put so much time into this game and that you managed to get it to this state virtually on your own before letting other people chip in. The concept for Starmade is still sound and still has great promise. I wish you and your team a wonderful 2017. Thank you for not giving up.

Sincerely,
    Maxajax

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Dear Schema,

I have been playing Starmade since before shield blocks existed. During that time this game has seen a lot of changes. Changes that I have not always welcomed with open arms. This is mainly because (from an outside perspective) it always seemed like you were out of touch with the community, and that the only content feedback related to Starmade that reached you came from crazy people on Starmade-Dock who only design pretty ships that couldn't kill a griefer if their life depended on it. Notable examples being the Amber Fate which could not even power it's own thrusters and the plethora of 1 million block cruisers that had the same firepower as some of my 50k block destroyers. For the larger part of my time in Starmade I've always believed that the people on Starmade-Dock would lead you astray with nonsensical patch requests until Starmade eventually died.

Recently my opinion has changed. I have learned about your co-operation with the administrators of servers. These days I mainly play on Genxnova and I consider Bobby to be a friend and a great server host. On several occasions he has told me that he uploaded his server's error logs to you, and that you fixed the problem within 24 hours. This is admirable and commendable. It stands in contrast with the things I heard about you when I played on Red Shift, which was administrated by Koderz. Recently Bobby told me that you held a 3 hour live-stream meet&greet with some of the more known names in the community, and that, before the meeting even began, you already knew who each person was, what they do in Starmade and what they were going to ask. Someone that is able to do that cannot be out of touch with the community. The fact that you killed them all by spawning in 20.000 Isanths also pleased me greatly.

Due to the reasons cited above, I want to apologize to you for believing that you weren't listening to the sane part of the playerbase that is concerned with the gameplay quality of the game as opposed to the dumb part that craves special effects and makes unrealistic demands. Experiencing the development of Starmade has been a bumpy and frustrating ride, but when I compare the Starmade of 2012 to the Starmade of today, I can only deduce that the game has advanced by leaps and bounds. I have always been aware that you were doing most of the coding alone. It has never been your perseverence nor your effort that I have drawn into question. I have immense respect for the fact that you have put so much time into this game and that you managed to get it to this state virtually on your own before letting other people chip in. The concept for Starmade is still sound and still has great promise. I wish you and your team a wonderful 2017. Thank you for not giving up.

Sincerely,
    Maxajax
    Great post Max.. On a another note.. The Imperial Navy has sent me to demand that you cease and desist with your current or future attempts at building Imperial ships without first seeking our help.

Might i recommend you try one of our pre-fabricated hulls and bring it to life such as this cobra here.> Imperial Cobra (HULL)

Or Perhaps something a little bigger is more your taste?> Imperial Dreadnaught (BFGA) HULL

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Dear Schema,

Sincerely,
    Maxajax
    Sincere apologies are rarely easy to make. I hope your patience (along with everybone else's!) is suitably rewarded when this game finally gets released :)

Reaction score
    one of the things that turned me on to SM was that when I had an issue or a game breaking glitch, the admins seemed to bend over backwards to help me solve it. Good customer service goes a long way.