AMD Driver assistance needed

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    So, I am getting a error whenever i am trying to launch the starmade game to main menu, log file details the issue, whenever i do update drivers it still does it, but i am in no situation right now to get another GPU currently. My GPU is a "ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series" Graphics card, AMD have made it legacy.
    Error code is as follows: Caused by: "org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated"
    But I would like it to load the game. I have Windows 10 64-bit which is why this is causing the issue I think. Any kind assistance that may easily get me out of this deliema is very appreciated!

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I also see some installation path issues. The game can not find your keyboard.cfg file. It all seems to be installed to your Desktop.

Can you reinstall StarMade to a directory like Games\StarMade

Make sure you check your installation path in the StarMade launcher. You could even try using the old legacy launcher. "Grey button on the download page. You need java installed on your machine for that."

Maybe use full screen rather then a window.

Does Windows 10 have compatibility options like run this as if on Windows 7? Just asking as i use Windows 7 rather than the Windows 10.

As you suggested driver issues on Windows 10 might be a problem as the AMD/ATI 4600 is an old legacy card.

You told me you have multiple pc's. Maybe swap out some components? “Graphic Card”

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    I also see some installation path issues. The game can not find your keyboard.cfg file. It all seems to be installed to your Desktop.

Can you reinstall StarMade to a directory like Games\StarMade

Make sure you check your installation path in the StarMade launcher. You could even try using the old legacy launcher. "Grey button on the download page. You need java installed on your machine for that."

Maybe use full screen rather then a window.

Does Windows 10 have compatibility options like run this as if on Windows 7? Just asking as i use Windows 7 rather than the Windows 10.

As you suggested driver issues on Windows 10 might be a problem as the AMD/ATI 4600 is an old legacy card.

You told me you have multiple pcs' . Maybe swap out some components? “Graphic Card”
    Well I have got keyboard.cfg in my directory, moved the directory to the respective appdata\.starmade directory. Then did the compatibility set to Windows 7 and Run as admin. and making it full-screen won't do much as the game won't even open the main menu after i click either 'Play Game' in old launcher or 'Launch' in new launcher. and yes i have 2 pcs now, this one with the issues, and my other pc that i play starmade on previously, a Gateway small tower with Integrated graphics... Here is New Log file.

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Try toying with the use Framebuffer setting.

Otherwise i think the Ati 4600 Windows 10 Combo just ain't working.

Do you have a spare harddrive to try out a Windows 7 install? That way you can test without messing up your current Windows 10.

Else try getting a second hand ultra cheap but newer card. Even if that is difficult right now. It just needs an up to date chipset and driver support.