AMC Settings Stuck?

Reaction score
    Anyone else having this issue with recently-docked or recently-spawned ships where the values for the weapons become stuck? I can change the percentages, but the variables themselves remain the same. I can only fix it by removing and replacing a block from the weapon in question. A minor annoyance, but still.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    At present you can get around the slowness of changing values by clicking and holding while slowly moving the cursor in a circle, since that movement seems to reset the click or something (allowing you to change values faster via \"rapidly clicking\" as far as the game is concerned).

Ideally, ship files and blueprints need to be revamped such that they, and not the person piloting it, contain the specific data for weapons, how the hotbar is arranged, etc. So as to allow a newly spawned ship to already have all the settings it was saved with. Players might need to load up and re-save their current blueprints after a patch doing this, while blueprint compatibility is still viable, or to just re-save the ships period. But it really would be nice to have this data as part of the ship\'s data. And for that matter, why not just remove the price entirely? Let it be calculated by the computer on its own each time a blueprint is uploaded, so you don\'t even have to worry about 0-cost blueprints to begine with.

Reaction score
    I recently tried selecting a Weapon Computer linked to a few of these bugged AMCs using the C key, and I got an \"ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -11\" error that crashed the game.

When I say Stuck AMCs, I mean that the values are stuck to what they would be if they were at 25%. You can hit the arrow button, and the percentage changes, but the values stay the same.

Reaction score
    Are they large or small arrays? If they are small it can take 5% or more before the value changes. Also make sure you re-alocate the points elsewhere or part goes back to the value automatically

Reaction score
    Nope, nothing like that. For example:

AMC Array does 226.3 damage at 25%.

When I hit the left arrow button to reduce the damage allocation to 24%, the figure stays stuck at 226.3.

When I delete an AMC from the group and re-install it, it unsticks the array, and ticking it 1% down takes it to 222.0 damage as normal.

Weird.

It only seems to apply to a few of the ships I\'ve blueprinted, like the Fenrir and Mimir. It doesn\'t do it with an Isanth-VI in a new install of the game. I think there might be some kind of corrupt data in the blueprints from a previous patch.

Actually, come to think of it, I\'ve been copying the blueprints folder from one install to the next, instead of exporting blueprints to sment files and re-importing them. I don\'t think the game likes that.

Reaction score
    Yes encountered this error quite ofthen. The Amc values wont change, sometimes fixed by relog sometimes not. or the changed values are set back to 25% each. and so on and so on. Pretty buggy the system right now

Reaction score
    Yes, exactly. When the bug occurs, all the tunings are reset to 25% and won\'t budge even if you change the percentages manually, until you remove a block from the affected array and put it back.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I\'m building a new ship and i have that bug (actually, i have it on all the ships i ever built). So i can say it\'s not a problem on old files. I don\'t know much for blueprints as i\'m not really used to them. Anyway, it\'s a part of the load of bugs of the % system of the weapons. I\'m don\'t want and have time to write a big post so i\'ll just copy here what i already said on another bug topic :

Cannons and missiles with modifyed specifications (the % thingies that i use evrywhere because my cannons shot too fast) can randomly reset when logging out and coming back (One of the different cannons on the computer (if there are more of one, for more sets of weapons, each can bug some of it\'s weapons) most of the time, but can be all of them). And, while it\'s already annoying to have to reconfigure them evry time, reconfiguring may not work : The % change, but the weapon data next to it don\'t, so you have to log out and in again to fix it (Happily bugging more weapons). Also, modyfying a weapon (by adding or removing blocks) will reset it\'s specifications, wich is also quite annoying, but can be useful as it will debug one wich got the previous bug (specifications stuck).

And we need a way to tweak all the weapons on a computer instead of doing it one by one. When you have more than 4 weapons (wich often means 20 or more), doing it manually sucks, especially when they reset sometime because you were logging out, so you have to do it all again...