AMC reload speed formula?

Reaction score
    Hello,

In my quest to become a better builder I thought I'd try doing some spreadsheeting to figure out what I would be looking at for various sizes and groupings of AMC's. The only issue I'm coming across is that for some reason the reload speed formula I'm finding on the wiki doesn't seem to be working or I'm doing something wrong. The formula given suggests a single AMC block in it's own group should have a reload of 652.5 but I'm getting 236.2 in game.

My first thought was user error, so I tried replicating the example given to try to find where I went wrong, but even that doesn't work out as the wiki says I should have a 515.1ms reload but I'm seeing 335.9ms. I assume there has been an update since those were posted? Would anyone have the new formula that would be willing to share? Am I still just doing it wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
    Hi,

Recently (for \"weapon balancing\" reasons) a few changes were made. The power consumed was changed (more groups means more power consumed by each group) to help prevent the \"shutgun\" weapons; and the reload speed was changed (so that the larger a group of AMC blocks is the worse reload becomes).

Because of these changes information you find on most web sites (e.g. the wiki) is probably wrong (out of date).

I don\'t know what the new reload formula is.

Reaction score
    Pleas define \"worse.\" So far I\'m seeing that amongst small groups the reload increases with blocks added to a point, then starts decreasing again for higher ROF. I would think that better rather than worse until you hit the point where power consumption becomes problematic, or perhaps that is what you are referring to. Also I suppose I\'d add to my question, does anyone know the specifics of the power penalty for additional groups?

Reaction score
    Come to think of it, I can\'t help but wonder what other info I\'m missing and how terrible my designs are from it.