AMC output block bug?

Reaction score
    I'm having an issue with the output block on an AMC. I can go fly out and set the output of a cannon and it'll work like it's supposed to untill I quit the game and log back in. The output block still says [Current] but when i fire it, it fires from a random block. To fix it I need to around to all my cannons and deselect and reselect the output block everytime I start the game again... Not really a game breaker but innoying none the less.

Reaction score
    Sounds like you have a break somewhere in your cannon layout. Go into build mode and select your weapon computer then cruise through your array and find the problem

Reaction score
    I just checked there is no break. Like I said, If i manually de-select and re-select by pressing \'r\' twice it all works as expected, The wepons menu shows that there are no \"stray\" amcs. It\'s just once I restart the game its gets funny. I\'ll try de-selecting them from the wepons computer and re-connecting them

EDIT: no change they all work as expected unitll I quit the game and start it again. It\'s happening with more than one ship also. Heres more information i have more than one AMC behind another. like this

X X X (each X is an AMC group that fires seperatly, this example is on the X-Z plane)

EDIT2: After further testing, un linking and re-linking even one group from the weapons computer fixes the problem for all the groups (there is about 10). This leads me to the comclusion that this is either a bug or just unwanted behavour.

Reaction score
    I have had the same issue with AMCs for the last two days, but only with new builds. The AMCs switch what the current block is on their own (salvage beams too sometimes), they fire in directions other than straight ahead (90 degrees straight down in my case) and their point of aim no longer coincides with the crosshairs.

Reaction score
    Being able to defend against pirates and other players would be nice if the weapons worked properly. Good thing we can use a game pad now instead of in-game weapons.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Place one AMC block furthur forward than the rest in an array. It will now fire from this.
    It defaults to the furthest forward AMC.

Reaction score
    I did that when I inadvertently deleted a couple of the front blocks, but when the block was replaced, and made current, it still fired staright down. I removed all teh blocks and the weapon computer on two ship builds, one fires properly, the other one still fires straight down.

Reaction score
    i know that if you put one AMC block further ahead of the others then that one will be the default. I suspect that when loading the ship the game doesn\'t check to see if there is already a default block set as output.Im sure this will be fixed im just glad im not the only one