Am I the only one who can't find these new stations?

Reaction score
    So I've forced the game to download and rewrite to 0.1867 because it didn't do it automatically and I cannot find the new stations at all. The few abandoned and pirate stations I've come across are the traditional ones, as are all the shops. And often when I visit a sector with an unidentified space station in it it's completely empty. I've made sure to start a new world too. Am I doing something wrong? Are the stations not actually in the game contrary to the news post?

Reaction score
    they are definitely in the game, I came across two this afternoon

Reaction score
    Then what could I possibly be doing wrong. It's definitely the latest version, and I definitely make a new world every time I play.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Any "undiscovered" station should have the chance to spawn one of the new stations, it may just be you are unlucky enough that you keep getting the old spawns. Are you sure you are visiting previously undiscovered stations? I get the new stations in my pre-universe update universe.

Reaction score
    I've come across quite a few on my home server, however all of them have been pirate stations.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Rename your starmade folder to starmade-old or something and let the starter download a brand new version and see if that works.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I have found too many, and they lag my game. Single player. They are very cool, though. I have not found a single old-style station since staring a new universe, only the various new ones.

Reaction score
    Any "undiscovered" station should have the chance to spawn one of the new stations, it may just be you are unlucky enough that you keep getting the old spawns. Are you sure you are visiting previously undiscovered stations? I get the new stations in my pre-universe update universe.
    Yeah I've been to many in so many sectors. More often than not the game claims a station is in the sector but there isn't one. The ones I do find however are the old ones.

Rename your starmade folder to starmade-old or something and let the starter download a brand new version and see if that works.
    I've reinstalled completely from scratch and it doesn't make any difference.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I have found too many, and they lag my game. Single player. They are very cool, though. I have not found a single old-style station since staring a new universe, only the various new ones.
    Same here, the only 'old' style shop I encountered up till now was the first shop where I spawned in a new world. I hadn't anticipated the frame rate hit that happens over here too, but I agree the stations and shops look great. :cool:

The only thing I'm less impressed with is that when a station is identified as shop or trading hub, the icon on the galaxy map stays that of a station instead of that of a shop symbol. I would like to see in a glance what are shops instead of having to mouse over all stations in a system to find the shop(s) I discovered before.

Greets,

Jan

Reactions: mgwerner
    Reaction score
    Anyone else having this issue? I've done a full reinstall too, and still only finding old stations as described above by others..

HALP!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Anyone else having this issue? I've done a full reinstall too, and still only finding old stations as described above by others..

HALP!
    Well, obviously not, so I wonder how did you do the full reinstall?

The easiest way, without loosing your previous game, is to create a new folder in your launcher installation folder, then start the launcher and open the menu Options / Installation Settings... In that dialog browse to the new created folder and select it.
    If all went well the launcher will indicate what the selected folder is and that it is empty. Now download the game and see if that did the trick.

Greets,

Jan