Am I the only noticing that Beam+Beam does not seem to be working?

Reaction score
    As the title states I was wondering if this is an issue.

I was testing out a Main cannon design, in this case (Beam+Beam 100%) and it will knock the shields off the target no question, but it does zero block damage.

I tried the main gun without any slaves and it worked fine, but as soon as I connected it to the other beam computer it would knock out the shields and nothing else. I even tried adding different effects but still no change is the way it is acting.

So is this just me or is this some other issue, as all other weapon combos seem to work.

Last edited:

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I tested Beam/Beam just a few times. It did not propagate the "acid damage" as they say. Instead, it jumped from block to block.

I need to test more but as it stands now, I would recommend making sure your weapon and its target are in the same sector; as this game doesn't seem to handle cross-sector weapons fire very well.

Reaction score
    Tested with one of my weapons testbeds in 0.201.130 and it's working fine for me, punching large holes in a test target at point blank range, the holes following where I aimed.

Reaction score
    Maybe that is the issue it may be a cross sector thing, I will need to continue testing it.

Still boggles my mind that regular beam works just fine, but the combo is not atm.

Reaction score
    Maybe that is the issue it may be a cross sector thing, I will need to continue testing it.

Still boggles my mind that regular beam works just fine, but the combo is not atm.
    I've heard reports of regular beam ignoring shields (and seen it in the dev builds) across sectors, not sure if that was fixed. Sector boundaries are always glitchy in this game.

Reactions: Briaireous
    Reaction score
    So after getting both the target and the main ship in the same sector I got it to work, one heck of a hole too.

Thanks for the help, though we will likely need to get this reported as a Main cannon should not be a point blank weapon.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I tested Beam/Beam just a few times. It did not propagate the "acid damage" as they say. Instead, it jumped from block to block.

I need to test more but as it stands now, I would recommend making sure your weapon and its target are in the same sector; as this game doesn't seem to handle cross-sector weapons fire very well.
    Ah, so that's what was happening to me. Thought I was losing my mind when it worked, then didn't work. Thanks doc!