Am I doing Something wrong? Power stream continues past stabilizers?

Reaction score
    Hey, when I build reactor and stabilizer systems my power stream comes as a huge yellow line. this runs from the reactor to the stabilizer but also continues past the stabilizer continuing on for about the same distance again as is between the reactor and stabilizer. This isnt the same as the videos I have seen and I can't find mention of it anywhere? Am I doing something wrong? It happens with all reactor/Stabilizer combos I have tried and it occurs with Multiple stabilizers along all axis'. The blocks for controlling it just adjust the angel it travels on past the stabilizers.

Thanks for your input

Reactions: Dire Venom

Skwidz

turtleStew
    Reaction score
    Does this happen in another universe too?

Reaction score
    Here are some shots
    Its now starting offset from the reactors now as well the last pic is using a node to route it. Sorry for the delay.

It happens in other universes.

Doesn't mater the amount of reactors or stabilizers.

Skwidz

turtleStew
    Reaction score
    Looks like you're using a mod since normal SM worms don't look that good. Try removing the mod.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Here are some shots
    Its now starting offset from the reactors now as well the last pic is using a node to route it. Sorry for the delay.

It happens in other universes.

Doesn't mater the amount of reactors or stabilizers.
    Try reinstalling starmade and seeing if you can make the bug happen again. If so, report it on Schine's phabricator so Schema can fix it.

OfficialCoding

Professional Quickfire Hater
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Hey, when I build reactor and stabilizer systems my power stream comes as a huge yellow line. this runs from the reactor to the stabilizer but also continues past the stabilizer continuing on for about the same distance again as is between the reactor and stabilizer. This isnt the same as the videos I have seen and I can't find mention of it anywhere? Am I doing something wrong? It happens with all reactor/Stabilizer combos I have tried and it occurs with Multiple stabilizers along all axis'. The blocks for controlling it just adjust the angel it travels on past the stabilizers.

Thanks for your input
    Try relogging. that may be the issue

Reaction score
    This, is somewhere between hilarious and depressing... I'm not normally one to complain, but can I get a damn option to turn that crap off? -_-
    Relogging/ restarting computer/ second install/ clearing cache. no idea what else to try... its doing it on my brothers comp too and I just downloaded the game for him a week ago. build 200.335 or the one before it started doing this weirdness.

Attachments

Skwidz

turtleStew
    Reaction score
    Lol that looks like a bunch of logic-based blocks bugged out. Those are stab streams right? There are a couple settings under the advanced graphics settings tab related to the stream but I don't think they'll turn it off. If I'm right and that won't do anything back up anyting important and do a complete reinstall. If that doesn't work the poblem's with you graphics stuff somewhere or it might be Java in which that case you might have to reinstall something else.

Reaction score
    Lol that looks like a bunch of logic-based blocks bugged out. Those are stab streams right? There are a couple settings under the advanced graphics settings tab related to the stream but I don't think they'll turn it off. If I'm right and that won't do anything back up anyting important and do a complete reinstall. If that doesn't work the poblem's with you graphics stuff somewhere or it might be Java in which that case you might have to reinstall something else.
    It's doing the same thing on my brothers comp (with yellow pipes though), and his is barely a 3 month old computer... his is windows 10 mines 7... soooOoOoooo.. guess ill mess with java and rifle though starmade cfg's for a day lol

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I had the same problem a week ago when building my station, albeit a black stab stream. re-logging etc did nothing, but when I changed the stream settings to high quality (or whatever the setting is) it suddenly worked fine.

Reaction score
    I had the same problem a week ago when building my station, albeit a black stab stream. re-logging etc did nothing, but when I changed the stream settings to high quality (or whatever the setting is) it suddenly worked fine.
    You fixed it!! The option is "use advanced energy beam shader" (for others with the same issue). Thank you thank you, Anime_Slime :D