Read by Council Alternate Recipes

Which way would you prefer

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I have read a few threads suggesting that the game is to hard early-game which is keeping new people from getting into star-made.
    Not to jump on the bandwagon but to build an effective ship It does take a lot of stuff.

So here's my proposition.

Make there be more than one way to create the same block.

There's two ways I could see this done, either
    - Two (or more) different recipes make the same block in a factory.
    or
    - A new factory block is added that allows certain capsules to be converted to others over time. While possibly consuming some other resource.

Example:

2 [resource A] + 1 crystal catalyst = 1 [resource B] or whatever conversion rate is deemed not OP

Crystal catalyst could be something made out of crystal composite or something like that.
    Heck you could Make crystal catalyst require some sort of capsule to make it less OP.

And If I get hate for even suggesting this oh well.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    like the idea of having different recipes for different blocks. not really the crystal thing.

A different idea to your crystal thing would be using a crystal thing to make the ore/shard conversion to the capsule more efficient. It' wouldn't be op. It should just have something like a 50% bonus.

what ya think?

Reactions: Lukwan
    Reaction score
    So... let me see if I correctly understand your post....

You want to make things(factory production) less confusing by making it so that new players have to consciously remember more ingredients for the same item ala if they want to make grey standard hull they now need to have basic hull and x or basic hull and y which means they need to be on the look out for 2 things instead of one

Or

You want to add a fourth factory with a whole new list of new recipes so that players have to find / make some new arbitrary item so that they can make their materials that they already have that they obviously can't handle( cause game to confusing according to your post) into other objects when they couldn't make or find the recipes for in the first place?

Now for some feedback The first option does actually make it easier for EXPERIENCED players to acquire more items faster however in practice for new players it actually doubles the work load for them to get anything done .... they have double the recipes to look through and double the the things to remember just to be able to make the same things they already could.... this doesn't seem like a good system to make things easier for new players.

Again for the second option this adds a whole new factory and adds even more complexity to the system by turning it from an a + b = c production style to an a + b = c or x + y = j, j + t = a x + y = j, j + v = b a + b = c
    and if that seemed confusing its because it is right now there are ALOT of resources in the game and some of them are almost worthless and some of they are used to much which makes it hard to get certain things but there is no way to dumb this system down.

right now you need 2 things to make one thing and sometimes that one thing can be combined with another thing to make something else, but when you start adding new ways to make the same things we can already make it just increases how complex the system is not the other way around.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think his second option is talking about a quantum reassembler, where it breaks down one type of mass and reconfigures it into another minus some that is consumed due to efficiency or something.

Reaction score
    I think his second option is talking about a quantum reassembler, where it breaks down one type of mass and reconfigures it into another minus some that is consumed due to efficiency or something.

Right what he said was you take some NEW factory and some NEW material to turn one kind of resource into another which is fine except for the fact that the only people this will really help is people who already know how to use the system currently in place because you still need to know how to use the current system to make all the things.

Which means that neither of his options HELP NEW players it just makes it way easier for experienced players to turn all their 100s of millions of junk ore into shields instead of another astrotech module

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    Right what he said was you take some NEW factory and some NEW material to turn one kind of resource into another which is fine except for the fact that the only people this will really help is people who already know how to use the system currently in place because you still need to know how to use the current system to make all the things.

Which means that neither of his options HELP NEW players it just makes it way easier for experienced players to turn all their 100s of millions of junk ore into shields instead of another astrotech module
    Lol, so its another trade guild shop.

Reaction score
    The better way would been more content in the wiki , with translations, etc.etc.

Reaction score
    I have read a few threads suggesting that the game is to hard early-game which is keeping new people from getting into star-made.
    Not to jump on the bandwagon but to build an effective ship It does take a lot of stuff.

So here's my proposition.

Make there be more than one way to create the same block.

There's two ways I could see this done, either
    - Two (or more) different recipes make the same block in a factory.
    or
    - A new factory block is added that allows certain capsules to be converted to others over time. While possibly consuming some other resource.

Example:

2 [resource A] + 1 crystal catalyst = 1 [resource B] or whatever conversion rate is deemed not OP

Crystal catalyst could be something made out of crystal composite or something like that.
    Heck you could Make crystal catalyst require some sort of capsule to make it less OP.

And If I get hate for even suggesting this oh well.
    +1 to the factory. I think if you could make a crystal catalyst early ingame then you could save a lot of time trying to figure out how to get "frekeeteen" capsules because you don't get how asteroids spawn. The alternate recipies I think would just be confusing.
    You want to add a fourth factory with a whole new list of new recipes so that players have to find / make some new arbitrary item so that they can make their materials that they already have that they obviously can't handle( cause game to confusing according to your post) into other objects when they couldn't make or find the recipes for in the first place?

Now for some feedback The first option does actually make it easier for EXPERIENCED players to acquire more items faster however in practice for new players it actually doubles the work load for them to get anything done .... they have double the recipes to look through and double the the things to remember just to be able to make the same things they already could.... this doesn't seem like a good system to make things easier for new players.

Again for the second option this adds a whole new factory and adds even more complexity to the system by turning it from an a + b = c production style to an a + b = c or x + y = j, j + t = a x + y = j, j + v = b a + b = c
    and if that seemed confusing its because it is right now there are ALOT of resources in the game and some of them are almost worthless and some of they are used to much which makes it hard to get certain things but there is no way to dumb this system down.
    It might not even add a new block, just make some micro assembler recipes that convert 5 compsite and 5 mesh and one of any capsule into any other capsule(different recipies for each one). No need for a new factory or a new item, and being able to make a certain block early on by refining other types of resources into x and y is a lot less confusing than trying to fly around mining random asteroids.

Experienced players could use it to? Great. It's an all arounder. The multirecipe thing would double the recipies ingame, I think the option to convert resources around would be much better. The only worry is the economy effect. You would have to make it insanely inefficent, something not to bothersome for begining players but enough that there would be only one type of capsule you need. This could kill the supply and demand protocal of things like shields and blue asteroids.