Alpha Legion Shipyard

Reaction score
    Hello everybody, today I want to show you some of my creations. First of all, this ships were intended to be roleplay replicas of similar ships in warhammer 40k universe. All of them are public, right now only on Gothic 40k server, but soon I will upload them here too. Some of the weapon loadouts are available only on said server, so I will have to make another versions for vanilla server too.

Stormtalon Gunship:
    Nothing to say about it, except that it is a flying potato. It has a twin-linked assault cannon turret on the bottom and 4 missile + missile arrays (on Gothic 40k they are enhanced dumbfire missiles). starmade-screenshot-0035.png starmade-screenshot-0036.png
    Land Raider:
    Here it goes: it has 2 side turret points equiped with twin-linked lascannons, front turret point equiped with a lascannon, and a turret point on the top of the vehicle with an autocannon. Doubt that you can find this loadout in lore, but if you dont like it, you can place there your own turrets (or take them from stormraven).
    starmade-screenshot-0038.png starmade-screenshot-0037.png

Stormraven gunship, AKA The Brick:
    This gunship is used by Space Marines to carry small numbers of troops from orbit. It is equiped with two hurricane-bolter sponsons (cannon + cannon), twin-linked plasma cannon turret (missile + cannon), and few dumbfire missiles alongside with heavy bolters (a bit more powerful cannon + cannon set).
    starmade-screenshot-0040.png
    starmade-screenshot-0039.png

Sokar Pattern Stormbird:
    A Stormbird is a primary means of transport and air support for Space Marines. It can be equiped with 4 turrets of your choice: either twin-linked lascannons (beam + damage pulse) or twin linked heavy bolter turrets (cannon + cannon). Its main weapons are 6 missile + beam missiles and a cannon + cannon. There is A LOT of free space for you to fill with stuff: for example, I placed there a push effect thruster and enhanced with more reactors.
    starmade-screenshot-0041.png starmade-screenshot-0042.png
    Glaive Super-Heavy tank:
    One of the main tanks from Legiones Astartes, used in 30k millenia. It has a top-turret, equiped with volkite carronade (missile + cannon + EMP), a twin-linked heavy boltgun and 2 sponson quad-linked lascannons.
    starmade-screenshot-0043.png
    starmade-screenshot-0044.png

Other ships will come in next post.

Reaction score
    Fire Raptor:
    Another brick. It is a gunship used by Space Marine legions. It is equiped with 2 turrets (with either twin linked lascannons or heavy bolters from Sokar Stormbird, or a hurricane bolter). It also comes with twin-linked Avenger bolt cannon (cannon + cannon + explosive) and 2 missiles.
    starmade-screenshot-0046.png starmade-screenshot-0047.png starmade-screenshot-0045.png
    Imperial Oberon-class Battleship:
    A WIP ship that I have been building for a week or so. I have nothing to say about it, except that it has 9 docking bays for fighter or bombers, and lots of point defence turrets. Make note, that it is only a hull, im working on its interiors already.

starmade-screenshot-0031.png starmade-screenshot-0032.png starmade-screenshot-0033.png starmade-screenshot-0029.png starmade-screenshot-0030.png

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    "the flesh is weak"

I really REALLY like how these ships look. The Oberon-class looks incredible, however the frontal prow could do with being sloped a bit more, aside from that it looks a lot like the normal incredibly heavily armoured battleships of the imperium. good work.

excuse me as I rush to finish my "yet_to_be_decided-pattern destroyer"

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    On a side note, How did you get your GIFs to work so nicely?

Reaction score
    "the flesh is weak"

I really REALLY like how these ships look. The Oberon-class looks incredible, however the frontal prow could do with being sloped a bit more, aside from that it looks a lot like the normal incredibly heavily armoured battleships of the imperium. good work.

excuse me as I rush to finish my "yet_to_be_decided-pattern destroyer"
    Thanks for your suggestion, I will consider it.
    If I may suggest you, you could make Hunter-class destroyer, since all the rest destroyer classes were already created in SM, so that will make your ship kinda unique.

Just for a side note, for those who want to know dimensions of Oberon class battleship: length -- 970 m, height -- 303 m, width -- 349 m.

Reactions: jontyfreack
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Awesome. I second the suggestion to give the Oberon a more sloping prow, right now it looks quite too blunt for an imperial battleship. Other than that it looks amazing. Are the macro- and lance-batteries turrets or logic-fired?

Reaction score
    Awesome. I second the suggestion to give the Oberon a more sloping prow, right now it looks quite too blunt for an imperial battleship. Other than that it looks amazing. Are the macro- and lance-batteries turrets or logic-fired?
    I will look into that case, when the interior will be finished. Right now im working on docking bays and RP macro cannon (fired with logic, fake reload). As to your question, macro batteries will be fired via logic. Lance turrets are firing at selected target.