Suggestion Allow shorter thread search strings

Reaction score
    I tried to search for a thread with the word XOR in the title to see if anyone else had already suggested XOR gates and the site gave me an error about the search being too short, too long, or too common. I know it wasn't too long, and I doubt it would be too common, so that leaves the query being too short.

Could we please be allowed to search for 3 character strings? I can't think of any examples off the top of my head but I can imagine scenarios where someone does want to search for such a short length of text (such as perhaps a faction name being abbreviated to three characters).

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    This is due to a limitation of MySQL's full-text search capabilities, you can find more information about it here. We could change the minimum length to 3 letters which is within the MySQL default values (It was 4 in the past), but performance and stability would most likely be lost due to other factors contributing to the search (advanced search modules).

If we find that a limitation of 3 can be sustained comfortably, and we believe it will stay this way, we will change it.