Read by Council Allow Passives to stay on when exiting ship or going offline

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    The title says it all.

I suggest this because right now offline players are at a disadvantage for non-protected bases and ships. I suggest allowing ION effect, radarjamming, and other passives to remain ON when it would normally be set to off when the ship is exited and/or the sector is unloaded. I believe the only exception should be cloaking, since this would be problematic if a person exits their ship and cannot see it (unless the ship is in a fleet).

I am suggesting this because I think we should start taking some steps necessary to lessen the dependence people have on homebases. It's really killing the PVP aspect of the game. A player is already at a disadvantage when they cannot pilot their ship due to being offline, so why further put their undocked ships and bases at a disadvantage by forcing the passives to turn off?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Eventually AI will be able to use all effects, and I am assuming cloak as well. In the future you should be easily able to turn on the AI or your crew will automatically take over when you are not online and will be able to use defensive effects.

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Eventually AI will be able to use all effects, and I am assuming cloak as well. In the future you should be easily able to turn on the AI or your crew will automatically take over when you are not online and will be able to use defensive effects.
    That sounds good to me, but in the meantime it'd be nice if they could just stay on. Would you agree? :)

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    That sounds good to me, but in the meantime it'd be nice if they could just stay on. Would you agree? :)
    Passive effects already should stay on after you leave a ship, I don't think this state saves with the ship when a sector unloads though. Radar will become disabled... but yeah I agree.

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Passive effects already should stay on after you leave a ship, I don't think this state saves with the ship when a sector unloads though. Radar will become disabled... but yeah I agree.
    Well, really that's what I mean, when a sector unloads. I wrote it more broadly though because radarjamming DOES turn off when you exit a ship. I'll edit my thread to make it clearer.