Allow crawling through Jefferies tubes, blocks painted from the inside.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Jefferies_tube

Horizontal + Vertical

1. Add a toggle-crawl key which let you crawl through 1x1 blocks, but not as fast as you can walk/run.
    2. Add turnable not-physical (you can walk through) ladder blocks which can decorate a wall (one block face is painted from the inside)
    3. Allow you to "go" up/down along a wall decorated with these ladder-blocks in climb-mode.

• WS is up/down.
      • You enter climb mode if

you run into a wall decorated with these blocks (and thus are within these blocks).
      • Fall into a ladder block.
      • Press R while staying in a ladder block (with your feets).
    4. You leave climb mode if

• You press S, but there is a physical block.
      • You press W, and climb past the uppermost (in this case you a bit upwards and it turns physical (like a closed plex-door) until you moved some distance, disapear (enter another block, crash, teleport) or press R)
      • You press A/D and enter a free block at the side of the ladder.

Although climb mode is not that important to me (and more difficult to implement), it would add something new and interesting.

But crawl could save a lot of space on small space-ships.

Blocks which are decorated from the inside could make a nice decoration with fewer blocks/weight.

• You would need only 1 deco block instead of 4 (1x1 tube) 2 instead of 6 (1x2 tube), 4 instead of 8 for 2x2 floors

Even better if only these sides are visible which are covered by other blocks. (Less clutter in the trade menu and inventar)

Reaction score
    Good suggestion.

Especially if ground combat ever becomes a serious thing we\'ll need a way to duck/crawl. =P

Something like a ladder that works on ships is definitely needed as well.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Awsome!.. I do love the idea of being able to crawl, climb and get myself lost in the maze of Jefferies tubes!!!
    I would design every big ship with the tubes in mind...

Reaction score
    I don\'t think you need to be able to go inside a special block for this. Just leave a 1 or more block hole and add a ladder block that allows climbing. Alternatively, 1 block elevator tubes would already work... and I believe there was mentioning of directional gravity blocks coming out very soon?

I do like the idea of a ladder block though.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I would have to say that this would be a great lift version block for a ship...

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Ladders + crawl mode = everything a Jefferies tube could do, but could be applied in other ways. (You could even be that Starfleet engineer crawling into maintenance hatches to repair damaged systems.)

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    A Ladder Block, Yes, a Tube Block, No

I don\'t think you need to be able to go inside a special block for this. Just leave a 1 or more block hole and add a ladder block that allows climbing. Alternatively, 1 block elevator tubes would already work... and I believe there was mentioning of directional gravity blocks coming out very soon?

I never suggested to add a round, tube-shaped block :D

But that you have blocks which are painted from the inside, only where they touch other blocks - cubes!

It would be usefull for 1x2 or 2x2 floors too, especially as you don\'t have to make decorative walls, but decorative \"air\" - which saves space and is easier to do afterwards...