All these "turn rate" threads

RsG

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I've been reading through the suggestions forum and I've seen a lot of threads on how to modify way the game handles engines and turn rate. Most of these suggestions involve adding new block types.

Reading them gave me an idea that I think could be much more easily implemented, namely having modifiable engine power.

Currently the game lets you modify your weapon power. You can increase or decrease RoF, damage, range, etc by setting them as percentages. What I suggest is that the game include a screen where you can do the same thing for your engines.

The default setting might be: 25% Turn Rate 25% Forward Thrusters 25% Side Thrusters 25% Power Efficiency. The last one, power efficiency, determines how much energy your engines use, the other three stats work the way you'd expect. You can increase or decrease these settings to suit your ship.

There would be sensible limits in place on how far you can push a ship's engine performance. A huge ship will never turn on a dime, but by maxing out its turn rate you can make it less cumbersome than it would otherwise be, at the cost of making it slower or less efficient.

Reaction score
    What I like most about it is that it extends a mechanic from one section of the game to another, creating a consistent way of modifying ship systems. Maybe it could also work for shields, like 25% Recharge 25%Strength 25%Power efficiency 25%something else.

Reaction score
    it is one of the few advantages small ships have, and it should be exclusive to them

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I made a thread or actually I posted a link to a comment I made solving the turn rate problem.

Just make thruster blocks like shield blocks, require stupid amounts the more you go as they start losing efficiency. So a giant ship requires shitloads more percentage wise than a small fighter.

DONE. EASY. SOLVED.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I really like this idea!! s much simpler and smarter than creating a whole new block! Plus it saves space and if a larger ship wants to turn faster it wont be able to accelerate quickly still giving fighters the maneuverability advantage. This also would create more tactics since fighters will have to adjust depending on how the larger ship has his settings. I really like the level of customization this idea also gives the game especially if we apply this idea to shields too like Zokir said.