Aligning

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Okay, here is my idea...

An align button to not just align you to the default, but to align you to a targeted ship or station!

Say you were in a fighter, and you are trying to redock onto the carrier, BUT, the carrier is on some wierd ass list and you can't match it. I suggest, just like in Astronaut mode, a way to align yourself EXACTLY to this ship, allowing easier docking.

In a station use, say you were coming alongside, you don't want your ship to be like, half a mile out on the rear end! Just ALIGN and BAM, Alongside like a pro.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Well, you forgot to mention how it'd work... Otherwise great idea!

I suggest that a player could simply select an entity and press a key. It'd align on the axis of the selected entity, just like pressing C aligns on galactic north.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Well, you forgot to mention how it'd work... Otherwise great idea!

I suggest that a player could simply select an entity and press a key. It'd align on the axis of the selected entity, just like pressing C aligns on galactic north.
    That's what I was trying to say :3 But, it has explained it WAY simpler than what I was trying, so thank you :D

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Nice, 100% agree. There should be a hot key to align your ship to the selected target

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This will be made even more necessary and helpful by the new docking system.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Excellent idea, just give it a little bit of a lag between pressing the key and the ship starting to turn to align itself to stop people abusing it in combat.