Reaction score
    A few pix of the recently finished exterior of a current project:

Diamond-Jellyfish-1=750x468.png
    ^ The shady side.

Diamond-Jellyfish-2=750x468.png
    ^ The sunny side.

Diamond-Jellyfish-3=750x468.png
    ^ View of the stern.

The original intent was something Tholian -- crystaline and angular. It became more deep-sea aquatic/bioluminescent. Still, it's alien and exotic which was most important. (And notice the distinct lack of of turrets...)

Cheers m8s,
    ~EE

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    looks really neat man.. Kind of reminds me of a protozoa or micro organism.

Reaction score
    Thanx.
    I currently refer to it as the "Diamond-Jellyfish." It was not intended to be quite as huge as it turned out -- it's like the Hindenburg inside...
    (I also have a 2nd version of it in the wings with some color changes and less "rear-end." But I change my mind about internals of this thing too often to ever get to the other one.)

Cheers m8,
    ~ee

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    A few pix of the recently finished exterior of a current project:

View attachment 9751
    ^ The shady side.

View attachment 9752
    ^ The sunny side.

View attachment 9753
    ^ View of the stern.

The original intent was something Tholian -- crystaline and angular. It became more deep-sea aquatic/bioluminescent. Still, it's alien and exotic which was most important. (And notice the distinct lack of of turrets...)

Cheers m8s,
    ~EE
    Awesome Ship Buddy - I'd love to see it doing a fly by :D

Reaction score
    Awesome Ship Buddy - I'd love to see it doing a fly by
    More thanx.
    Unfortunately, I'm on a desert-island sandbox-server (my pc would never survive other players) and I have no intention of releasing it to the public. It's my BABY !!! I won't share. I'm also continuously experimenting with different weapons systems as I'm kinda new (read: NOOB) to the game, and it's internal organs will pretty much let me try anything.
    So, you'll just have use yer I-majin-ayshun... ;)

~

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    Wow. Looks like something I would build.

Seriously, it's the same art and color style I've been using for my ships.

Freaky!

Reaction score
    Wow. Looks like something I would build.

Seriously, it's the same art and color style I've been using for my ships.

Freaky!
    Maybe you're my evil twin... :eek:

Well, here's what I (only) used for the hull: White & Blue advanced armor, a few Purple Corner blocks; Blue & Black crystals -- that's it! Any other colors are the result of glow and or shade. This is not a scheme I "always" use, it just kinda happened. Glad ya like it tho! Maybe I should release the empty-hull version of it... /shrugs

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    Maybe you're my evil twin... :eek:

Well, here's what I (only) used for the hull: White & Blue advanced armor, a few Purple Corner blocks; Blue & Black crystals -- that's it! Any other colors are the result of glow and or shade. This is not a scheme I "always" use, it just kinda happened. Glad ya like it tho! Maybe I should release the empty-hull version of it... /shrugs
    I fell into a similar restricted color scheme. I've found through trial and error that using black, grey and white then using lights can create several subtle shades, so my main hulls are almost always monochrome then colored with purple/blue lights with occasional touches of red or orange.

A cool little trick I found is to use colored crystal armor then putting charged crystals of a different color beneath it then a white backing... you get a beautiful engine look for designs like this.