Alien Charakter

Reaction score
    Wouldnt it be awesome if we could play not only human Charakters, but also some extraterestical spezies?

Some noon-human charaktermodels would be awesome, like a tentakelsquidalien or an insektmaneateralien.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Did you mean

Alien character

Wouldn\'t it be awesome if we could not only play human characters but also some extraterrestrial species?

Some non-human characters would be awesome, like a tentacle squid alien or an insect man-eating alien.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    steathinator thanks for translating :)

Yeah, i guess it could be pretty fun to play as different races. And it would be nice if e.g. after choosing your race you would be automatically added to the race faction and you would need to fight other races for control of the universe. But still, I think this should be more as a mod or a game mode, rather than the part of basic gameplay

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Why not allow players to add cubes to their character in the same way the ship building system works, The characters basic shape would be uneditable, you could only add blocks.

Reaction score
    that might be a bit big of a feature to add.

I don\'t think the developers are keen on adding massive things like that :P

Edit: Also, I think some people would argue skins would fill in for this ;/

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Idk, I wouldn\'t consider the current player model \'human\'

i mean, their crotch is like right under their chest

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Correct, it is a big feature to add! And the devs are working on it!

The creature system is going to be procedurally generated using preconceived modual parts and traits. You will be able to breed species together, which will take traits and parts from both and mix them together.

Parts include different legs, bodies, arms, shapes, heads, tails, wings(?), and I\'m assuming some other things. Traits include things such as size, intelligence, personality, etc.

And also Space Whales. Because Space Whales are awesome (not actually confirmed, the guy working on creatures was just warming to the idea).

EDIT: after re-reading op\'s post, I understand it more now. Different player models? Not so much. Alien creatures? Definitely. Skins are good enough for me.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    And you will not fit through my 1x2 entrance. Alien safe !!!

Reaction score
    I think the idea of different playable species is great. I would LOVE to play as a different race other than human, It would be benificial for RP\'s too!

On a side note, I\'ve been working around with the player model and editing the mesh for it..I just wish I could figure out how to get it into my single player game :)

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    We will have our Nassian Space Whales once and for all! Mwehehehehehe!!!

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    I do think different models would be beneficial in the future. Not only a choice between race, but between gender as well. Right now, there\'s not a lot for different game modes. There could be a game mode where it\'s more of an RP mode where you would start differently than you do currently, maybe like on a planet (as some people have suggested on other posts) and then go from there. I would be curious what alien species there would be. I would fear that adding blocks to our own characters would have to work in a way so that the blocks added are only visual, this would mean that if you had giant wings on the back and walked through a small door that the wings would go right through the blocks. It wouldn\'t be terrible, but I feel like it would be a bit immersion breaking in a heavy-RP world. I would also worry about the performance of the game as there are things I don\'t know the effects of..for example:
    If many different people on a server had intricate, different skins from one another with the current model, would this have any effect on performance of the game, with a server loading so many different skins? I would like to assume no, but this is an alpha game and I\'m not sure it\'s safe to assume. Also, if players not only had different skins, but different models entirely, would this also drag on performance? (Maybe by the time they would be added it would not be a problem) I would assume with new models, especially if they were very different looking, they would need new animations too.

So, overall, I like this idea and I think many of the ideas posed are interesting, but I would personally prefer that it only be added if we do not sacrifice other features of this game that are mentioned to be coming, and already here. (like how well this game performs. It\'s still too laggy for some people in single player, but personally, while I still get lag, it\'s MUCH less than I would on Minecraft. I\'d love it to stay that way.) I wouldn\'t be surprised if there are more models we can play as in the future. I wonder what kind of aliens would fit in a StarMade universe? I would hope they would mostly be unique. In any case, I look forward to the future of this game. ^_^