Suggested Air...

Should air be in the game?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    We all need it...
    Air

Why isn't it part of the game yet? There should be some sort of oxygen system in order for the helmet to be taken off. My idea is composed of multiple systems that will be placed in each sealed room:

Oxygen tanks - simple, holds oxygen, starts out with full tank

Carbon scrubbers - takes carbon out of the CO2 to turn it into oxygen

Oxygen distributor - distributed oxygen into the sealed room

All of these systems would be linked together. But the problem is, how would oxygen be consumed? Well, my idea for this is that each person per sealed room would consume say 3 units of oxygen per second and produce 3 units of CO2 per second. Each Carbon Scrubber would turn 9 units of CO2 into 9 units of Oxygen per second.

But that's not all. There's two more problems to face.

One, what about when outside of a sealed vessel? Well, for one, a helmet has to be worn (duh) but for oxygen itself, each suit would have roughly 5 minutes of oxygen, until they replace them by going to their inventory and clicking an oxygen tank (to replace it) Also, cores would have infinite oxygen (since they can only hold one person.

Two, doors. Plex doors are ugly, I'm just going to say it. I'm not saying they should be replaced, but there should be a new door system. Per each connected block (one wide maximum) they would fold out in a smooth animation, creating a more realistic door. This door will be known as an "Airlock door"

That's all I have for now. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not the first one to have the idea of air in this game, but this is my idea of how it would work. Thanks for reading this and I hope you enjoyed.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Welcome to StarMade.

I recommend you check out the Frequent Suggestion Megathread. Particularly #21, in which you will find links to discussions about the planned feature of ships atmosphere and oxygen systems.

There are actually 6 door blocks. Plex doors, blast doors, glass doors, and red/blue/yellow force fields. These all function basically the same.
    As for folding out doors, I recommend you look into logic systems. What you are asking for can easily be accomplished using delays and a button. Unfortunately, manual operation (pressing 'R') will over ride logic controls.

You might also want to look into the rail system. Sliding two-part doors can be quite impressive and logic can make these an even better airlock system that can not be overridden.

Again, welcome to StarMade.

Reactions: terra mining corp.
    Reaction score
    Welcome to StarMade.

I recommend you check out the Frequent Suggestion Megathread. Particularly #21, in which you will find links to discussions about the planned feature of ships atmosphere and oxygen systems.

There are actually 6 door blocks. Plex doors, blast doors, glass doors, and red/blue/yellow force fields. These all function basically the same.
    As for folding out doors, I recommend you look into logic systems. What you are asking for can easily be accomplished using delays and a button. Unfortunately, manual operation (pressing 'R') will over ride logic controls.

You might also want to look into the rail system. Sliding two-part doors can be quite impressive and logic can make these an even better airlock system that can not be overridden.

Again, welcome to StarMade.
    Just so you know, I'm much newer to the forums than I am to starmade. I've been playing on a mild RP server for about 2 months now. (I was killed in RP so I joined another server) the leader of the faction I was in was very nice and showed me many advanced ship building techniques and logic systems. As logic doors are impressive, I still would like the idea of pressing R on a new door type to have it fold out. Thanks for your opinions and I will check out the links you posted

Last edited: