AI

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    npc ai should be more complex than bobby ai...

what do you guys think?

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    i'm not really suggesting, just wondering if you guys think that should be so or not.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    i'm not really suggesting, just wondering if you guys think that should be so or not.
    i think its already been said that there will be more AI settings. whether we will keep both the Bobby AIs and the NPCs is the question. since schema already said that he wanted to move away from the Bobby AIs

Reaction score
    i think its already been said that there will be more AI settings. whether we will keep both the Bobby AIs and the NPCs is the question. since schema already said that he wanted to move away from the Bobby AIs
    But wouldn't a removal of Bobby AIs mean that extremely small ships like drones would be near impossible to field in large numbers?

NPCs should be more intelligent than Bobby AIs, sure, but Bobbies should remain in-game as a cheap, stupid alternative to crewmen.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Yep sounds reasonable. The thing is, when I see drones, they don't really act like drone. I mean you would think that they have pin point accuracy, but do not have the best tactical abilities compared to say a regular pirate ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    why would drones be more precise than a skilled pilot? I'm fine with their inaccuracy I just wish they moves around a bit more when in combat

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I understand that a machine can run calculations hundreds of times faster than our brain. I meant to say it in a gameplay viewpoint, astronauts in a turret should always be better than a Bobby AI, not sure how you would explain it RP-Wise but still

Reaction score
    But wouldn't a removal of Bobby AIs mean that extremely small ships like drones would be near impossible to field in large numbers?
    Not necessarily. For example, you could have a single AI crew-person on the mother-ship using some sort of "radio controlled drone controller block" to control all the drones.

Of course if bobby AI is removed and we're forced to rely on AI crew members; then the game must have a way to create more AI crew (e.g. fornication, gestation, birth, then an "AI childhood/education/training" phase). The alternatives would be slavery (and slave trading), or hiring AI crew (who desert you when you run out of $$); but I really don't like the idea of "something appears from nothing" (regardless of whether it's an unlimited supply of AI people magically appearing at the trading guild shops, or power generators that make energy from nothing, or pirates and trading guild ships that suddenly exist, or anything else).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    in a single player game I'd like to have some kind of an Ai that can follow me be a crew and pilot other ships, giving you a bit of a fleet. In a small server same thing but a big server people should work together.