AI Turrets

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Hey there.

Few hours ago I thought myself invulnerable towards pirates aboard my recently build Cruiser, I have 18 small turrets with a 1600 damage beam missile and 22 reload secs, 4000 shield 250/s regen and a ion shield module enhancer. I encountered pirates stations, gamma, delta, eta. Destroyed them after a couple of minutes of fighting not having a scratch on the turrets (Having 120.000 shield with again a ion module and 12k regen on the cruiser itself, well, it was fine too.) Until I randomly jump on a undiscovered station, hoping finding a shop and well, it was a alpha station which sent magnifiscent red pulse missiles on me. Well. Turrels litteraly vanished while my shield went down to 70% or around.

Straight to the point : AI Turrets targetting missiles (x10 2damages 100 ms reload per turret) ALSO targets my own missiles and thus makes my cruiser way weaker, is there any ways of fixing that? (Other turrets than missile beams are... Tbh, shit.)

Another thing. There are no ways of having a fleet right now on multi, right?
    And a last thing, when jumping to an AI from main core (up and down arrow), it deactivate the AI as you get in its core (Yeah, it does teleport you in the core, gg.), and when you get back into your own seat, AI is still deactivated. Is there any ways of re-activating AI from main seat or... Else?

Anyhow, thanks for reading this!

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    You can reactivate AI via the structure menu (pressing Delete) and looking for the Turret Docking System Collection -> Activate all AI.

There is an option in the server.cfg for Turrets targeting the missiles of the main ship.

Fleets are not a feature yet, needs more advanced AI. Could always just team up with other players on Multiplayer.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    You want "MISSILE_DEFENSE_FRIENDLY_FIRE = false"

This will make your missile defense turrets not shoot at your own missiles. Honestly this really should be the default setting.