AI Turrets Not Firing While Piloting a Ship

Reaction score
    This is a problem that I have only had within the past few updates. I have had it confirmed by others. The issue is that, while I am piloting a ship, the mounted turrets (with a Bobby AI Module attached) will not fire, they will only track a target. This only happens while I am in the ship core, otherwise the turrets will fire on any enemies. Is this a bug, or is there some obscure option somewhere in my game settings?

Thanks for reading.

Reaction score
    Are you sure that all parameters for engagement are being met? Your turrets should be:

1) Within range of the target

2) Supplied with energy

3) At a proper angle

Otherwise, it\'s probably a bug.

Reaction score
    Is your AI set to Turret? I had the same problem till I learened that the AI has to be set as turret. At first I thought the setting was asking what type of taget was the ship going after, but what it is, is that the IA needs to know what it is a ship or turret.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    are they trying to fire at turrets or another ship? Right now turrets will not fire at other turrets or docked ships and that\'s a bit annoying when you are fighting a ship with a large number of turrets and yours take out the core then just dark

Reaction score
    Don\'t turrets deactivate after the main ship is dead? And turrets will attack anything if they are set to attack what you f-target.

(that should be a feature. you f-target something it behaves like z-target in zelda[always keeps the camera centered on it, and you ship turns as fast as possible towards the selected target] of course, that would only work in zoomed out mode, but whatever.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    turrets on dead ships are just as deadly as turrets on living ships, if not more. When the ship is dead the turrets are safe from random fire from your turrets and it becomes harder to take out mounts with your on board weapons if the shields are not being kept down by turret fire.

Even using the \"selected target\" option in the bobby AI they will not fire on turrets.

Reaction score
    I did a bit more testing, and realized that I was trying to fire at station turrets. They worked perfectly well against regular ships. My bad for not specifiying, and not reading up on all of the current quirks about functionality and whatnot.
    Thanks again!