AI Turret random laser deviation

Do you like the AI's random gun deviation?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    I think your survey title should be reworded. I voted differently because I misunderstood. From the title, I thought you were referring to Isanths now using additional weapon types. That being said, I think the accuracy should depend on distance. Something trying to get close and hit you should be hit 100%. But a fighter being careful to keep distance and strafing should be able to evade most fire.

Reaction score
    I'd rather have random deviation in which way rapid-fire projectiles go than random deviation in the aim of the AI shooting them. For now, this is acceptable, but seeing someone evading pirates going in a straight line for ages was...almost facepalm-worthy. I worry that ships will need dozens of turrets to be effective.

Reaction score
    I thought this was added a setting in the server.cfg - AI_WEAPON_AIMING_ACCURACY = 10 //how accurate the AI aims (the higher the value the more accurate vs distance. 10 = about 99% accuracy at 10m)

As it stands on my test server - the AI at best shoots up my base more than the enemy it's trying to hit. I wish it would go back to where this line controlled how accurate the AI should be - like it was intended to be a user preference thing - and clearly it's perceived that way.