AI improvement - Actual simulation people driving ships, body visible in cockpit, Isanth-VI needs to

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    GFIRST THING! THE Isanth-VI NEEDS TO BE RE-BUILT, WITH LEFT-RIGHT SYMMETRY!

Because firstly, the thrusters are still connected to the core, and there still are purple connected signs when they get removed. Secondly, the gravity unit should be placed 1 block further from the core, orientated backwards, so that you can see it when you enter the ship. Its unavailable at certian orientations. And finally, the worst part of it all, ITS NOT FULLY SYMMETRICAL! TAKE A LOOK AT THE 2 ANTIMATTER CANNON ARRAYS' UNDERSIDE!

Colour schemes and faction-spesific AI blueprint usage.

1-1 Different glass colours.

Whatever the colour the material, the colour of the PlexGlass. So... a red material, and maybe a green material, possilby a blue material etc.

1-2 ESSENTIAL

What are colour schemes? Simple, 1 colour of a ship's hull can be changed. So, a ship made of green and black hull can be made of red and yellow hull. Also, with PlexGlass from other materials, there should be colour scheme control for that too.

Faction Specific AI blueprint usage - in Admin-Catalog, you can set what NPC factions can use the blueprint in Enemyusable, and in fact, what player-created factions. The NPC factions settings has a colour scheme control, too. The available colour schemes should be as follows: Trading Guild: default, Pirates: Grey-Black, Black-Purple, and, mentioned further on, The Federation, Grey-Green, Black-Brown.

1. There should be NPC players. Skins: Pirates - Red visor, >:) Face. Trading guild: Default, but not affected by custom skin, obv. The Federation - Green visor, default face.

Pirates shoot just like that, and, if lost money is dropped into space on death, they have 25000 money starting, which the amount dropped is in the server configuration.

The Trading guild, if a new trading menu is added, trade in and out of ships. just like a small shop, calls The Federation as backup when shot, and nearby traders say don't shoot again, last warning. If you do shoot again, they will all open fire.

The Federation, consider neutral ally. (So add that button in Faction). You can call them to help etc.

3. Joining NPC factions. With a transmittion sender (ADD PLZ) you send them a transmittion for service, and you get an invitation, along with a base station's coordinates.

4. Cockpit-body.

You go up to a cockpit, and press R on it. You are placed in the center of that block, with veiw allowing you to see the block in front, and NPCs use this in their ships. So basically you can see a person in the cockpit, and instead of seeing from the cockpit's block position, you see from your position. Also, you exit the ship like that.

5. Core-integrated faction data.

Since MOB ships have no faction module, our ships shouldn't. So, the core should have its own faction module built in, no more expensive, and the new faction modules should have player-specific permissions and faction-specific permissions, including allies.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think you\'re thinking too deeply about this. The game is very early in development, and just having any ship as the starter pirate ship is fine. Being asymmetrical is also a good thing. I believe the Isanth was designed by a player and managed to work its way into the game. It\'s a starter ship if there\'s nothing else in the catalog, once there is, they can use other ships. You could even remove the Isanth from the catalog and replace it with a new version yourself if it\'s really bothering you.

As for colour schemes, those should only really be applicable to particular organisations, such as the trading guild, or some other sort of group. Pirates, in general, are not a group though, they are a random bunch of people who\'ve grouped up to scavenge what they can. Although it has crossed my mind recently if ships taken from the Catalog by the AI could alter the colours of a ship to give some variation, that would be pretty nice.

If you wanted to, you could create several different versions of the Isanth in different colours and upload those to catalog for them to be used.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I kind of like it being unsymmetrical for precisely this reason. :D

It\'s the pirate\'s psychological warfare. By having a ship design noticeably non-evenly built, they drive people into an enraged frenzy less likely to defeat them in combat. XD

Yes, different colours of plexiglass would be good.

Also I like the idea of being visibly at the controls of a ship whilst it\'s on: makes it a bit more obvious a ship is manned and avoids the faux pas of attempting to board a seemingly dead ship and find out that not only is it actively in use by another player, but they don\'t take kindly to you stealing chunks of their decorative computer pieces to use in your own ships.

The rest of the OP I\'m not sure on whether I like the suggestions or not, so I have nothing else to say now.

Reaction score
    Unsymmetrical is not right, simply, for a starter ship! Don\'t you see!?

ALSO! THE THRUSTERS ARE CONNECTED TO THE CORE, A FEATURE THAT WAS REMOVED! So the ship needs rebuilding, and also it has a problem with multiple outputs, making an uneven double shot, where one is lower than the other.

Reaction score
    It\'s weak, extremely easy to core, a pain to get into, utterly terrible at power efficiency, has shield strength that can be easily beat by your hand weapon (Just lead it to where it gets stuck, manually remove some hull, crawl inside and start shooting. AI ships don\'t count as having pilots. You can even just enter the core if you don\'t want the loot cloud.) or a ship using just your starting blocks, lacks wedges, and has the problems stated above. The Isanth-VI is what I\'d expect a complete noob to make if they hadn\'t even read a basic shipbuilding tutorial but had good asthetic sense. I made a redesign (here) and so did a few others (here and here) (I went for keeping the front/top/bottom design and mainly reworking the side cannons, back protection, and interior while those two went for a more complete change including a non-glass front.) Even redesigned, it\'s simply not a good pirate vessel. They should be given large fighters or small-medium frigates to really be a challenge to anyone.

The rest of the ideas here are all over the place. I might discuss them later, but it\'s a lot to talk about at once. Having a central theme to a suggestion list would make things easier.

Reaction score
    Its not terrible! The creator made 2 mistakes. (3, if you didn\'t make cores give off blue light.)

Not 100% pure symmetrical

Broken glass!?

Reaction score
    The Isanth is terrible AND has terrible Pilots so it should be replaced by something better.My turret is taking out Isanths over 500m away which didnt even started to move.

Reaction score
    Lack\'s wedges!? (what you said earlier)

that is ridiculous. Its a small starter, they should not have wedges. And what do you do when you have a corner, but 1 of the ends is a wedge, not a block? (basically wedges and small ships dont go together.)

Maybe 4 sheild blocks is a little. And terrible pilots!? WTF! THATS AI!!?!?!?!?!