AI FOV

Reaction score
    Hey,
    After doing a bit of single player pirate crushing against smaller ships i wanted to try a new light corvette design (~50m) against some bigger ships to see how it competes (bigger means ~150m).
    So I spawned it in and tried to use my maneuverability advantage to get outside its cannon range, however it was always able to hit me unless i was directly behind it. After some further testings i discovered that it will always be able to hit me if i am anywher infront of the core so it has a 180° FOV which is a bit op in my opinion,
    especcially fighting against bigger ships.
    Also this FOV is from the core which is usually way back from where a player would be able to control it since from the core he can´t see anything, making it even wider.
    To compensate for that i would suggest to scale the AI FOV down so that it is somewhere comparable
    to a player FOV from a camera in the front of the ship.
    Or what i think would be even better is integrating an AI FOV option in the server config.
    Greetings :)

Reaction score
    And the AI would try to always have the target close to the middle of it's FOV, if possible.

Reaction score
    yep, also good idea i was focusing on 1 vs 1 single player though but if you have related problems with AI FOV in other situations post them ;)