AI (Dave)

Reaction score
    I'm pretty new to the forums, but I've been playing star-made for a while. I've just seen the new patch and saw that you can recruit AI at a station. Cool right? So I fly on over to a station on my brand new updated server after the download is finished, but there is nothing different. Is there something else you have to do to get AI's?

Reaction score
    That was just an update on what will be in the next patch. Ergo, it is no yet in the game.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    You can see the AI on the dev build but even that doesn\'t seem to have the features implemented to where you can hire NPCs or even interact with them yet for that matter... beyond shooting them of course and they do shoot back.

Reaction score
    I made the same mistake. Oddly, it also seems to have changed how pulse arrays work (the center of the pulse has changed to something that makes more sense than it was before.)

Reaction score
    Firstly, the player is Dave(idk if NPCs are daves as well but I doubt it as else it could get very confusing in multiplayer). Secondly, as stated, todays news was only another spoiler of the upcoming patch(which will probably be the biggest patch ever realeased to this game I think)

Reaction score
    it\'s looking to be as significant to starmade as 1.8 was to minecraft.

Reaction score
    But the \"Dave\" ai + all the other goodies are still on testing right now by the testers. Now that schema has finished the features he wanted to add in this update, bugs need to be ironed out before releasing to the general public.

Its pretty similar to what he does before where he posts the prebuilds but instead did not publish the prebuild (to avoid confusion perhaps?)

well, at least we know that if there are no more game breaking bugs, we, the general public, can then enjoy the new additions!

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I think they said it wasn\'t planned for any specific patch, but they were hoping to implement it \"soon\".