AI controlled Ship management and Fleets

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I've seen this kind of suggestion posted before, but I think improving the AI of ships and investing in the potential of fleets would really open up a whole new area of strategies.

Patrol option, to fly around designated areas and defend against enemy or neutral targets

New blocks: Antenna/Radio Transmission device/Ansible, can be linked with Bobby AI modules and allows a ship to be controlled with a fleet - If the Antenna is destroyed, the ship can no longer be controlled within a fleet and will follow the default instructions, or the Flagship will lose control of the entire fleet. Multiple of these can be linked or used with a Reciever within the Flagship to increase the amount of slots for AI ships and/or range of communication, before it either stops giving signal, or like actual Radio communication, over distance the signal becomes unreliable, and footage falls behind real time

Ability to control fleets of AI as a whole, requires new menu

Fleets of Ships can automatically follow another ship labelled as a 'Flagship', and the warping distance is limited to the worst Warp drive strength of the fleet

A ship could be controlled similarly to a drone using the Ansible, the drone pilot being able to look through SD cockpits that are linked to the Ansible block or switch between other ships within the fleet, as well as taking manual control over the ship, to stage perhaps Anonymous attacks and raids on another faction

Weapon slots or hotkeys that could be dedicated to activate in every ship in the fleet, such as Cloaking or Radarjamming, to save the effort of scrolling through every ship and activating them to plan ambushes or Sneak attacks

Just a few ideas surrounding AI ships and fleets, tell me what you think of these ideas

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    this suggestion was interesting the first 1000 times i read it :p
    nothing wrong with this one tho

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I didn't realise it's been posted that many times

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So, I take it you didn't search for, AI Fleets, before posting?