AI Bobby turrets not firing

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I know how to make turrets just fine and have been making them for a while

In the past few days (27 june) the turrets I create don't fire at pirate turrets anymore, they simply move about looking at their target but not firing

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Make sure you have selected \"any\" and \"turret\" in order for it to work. Atm ai seems to be broken using it for ships(not fiering but just flying around).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If they are rockets, they wont fire. It seems that Rocket turrets don\'t actually work, and only Antimatter Cannons do, and sometimes they have to face faction modules on board to determine a Enemy between ally, and so they just follow enemys but never fire.

Reaction score
    Mine are also not firing all the time. No matter what setting I try something always does not work right. I have 4 turrets that are exactly the same on a ship. 3 are mounted on top, one is on the bottom. The 3 on the top will fire at enemies sometimes. I have gotten the bottom one to fire on one enemy. I have also had all 4 track targets, but not fire. Is this a bug?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    put them on either selected target and press F to select a target, or put them on any and have a FACTION module in them and fly by pirates or an enemy faction, it will work. if they are put on any and don\'t have a faction module then who would they shoot? you, or any thip? they need to know who, the faction module tell s them that.

Reaction score
    Mine have faction modules, and are in my faction and set to any /active/turret yet they dont fire at pirates, just aim at them.
    and yes they are only using AMC... sometimes they fire and others they dont.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i have heard a rumor that the AI module has to be touching the weapon pc to work, but this hasn\'t been confirmed and i have a ship that works and shoots on its own without it bein connected. it was set to Target: any Mode:Ship

maybe for turrets its differnt?

Try this and see if it works for you :D

Reaction score
    Just recently I\'ve seen a pirate turret not firing and being unable to be interacted with in any way (nothing on right clicking blocks, salvage beam and AMC shots went right through it), then when I came back to the server later the turret was interactable (told me it belonged to faction unknown) but still wouldn\'t fire on me. It only started firing after I attacked it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    my ship has a turret that has rockets and amc but it wont fire so should i just take the rockets off? (d1000)

Reaction score
    Had a ship that the turrets were working last week, but since the last patch and hot fix the side turrets have fliped and the ai for the turrets has stoped working.

Have tried reseting them , redocking them.. they just dont work as they used to...

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I\'ve had turrets not fire to fix this I have to activate the bobby AI, turn it off and back on again and then it usually works.

I also don\'t think pirates consider factionless players hostile currently. I was building a new ship today and a bunch of pirates showed up and just watched and flew around me as I was in build mode. There was no faction block so I don\'t think the pirates considered it a target. I\'ve also noticed last time I went into single player where I do not have a faction the pirates show up as neutral and I don\'t think they are actually hostile, therefore turrets would not fire.