Ahura Mazda, 750+ meter flagship WIP

NullForceOmega

The Ancient
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hey captains, for all that I have been playing starmade since shortly after its inception, I've never really shared any of my stuff, so I decided to try to document the progress on completing my (thus far) biggest project.

A high-angle shot with the whole ship in frame:

Detail of the inner design of the cannon spars:

Detail of the cannon output:

Detail of the front (and dome):

And the interior of the left-side hanger:

Obviously the ship is very incomplete, but it already represents dozens or hundreds of hours of work, and since it pre-dates many of the newer mechanics (shield gen/battery split, multi-system weapons, rails, hell even older than tetras/pentas) it is going to need a massive amount of work before it can be considered "finished."

Reaction score
    Giant block of shields there, lol. Gonna need to eliminate those and start with new stuff. Also, nice basic shape, just needs as you said a lot of work to finish out.
    Enjoy your Titan, keptick's Charon is still WiP after, as I recall, 3 years or so now. Of course, it's a kilometer long, but then this thing isn't that far off that mark.

NullForceOmega

The Ancient
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Here's the worst part: The hull isn't even framed all the way, all you see there is the completed (tho' not detailed) weapon spars, and the basic hull on the engine block. What currently exists isn't fully indicative of the final ship, just the bare-bones of its systems.

Once I get rolling on construction again there will be some huge changes, the turret wings come next, and I need to practice turret and rail stuff before that happens. Hopefully by the time I next update those will be out of the way (wings, not turrets, that will be a huge project and based on my previous experience building a titan, they'll be going in last) and I can get to some of the interior work going.

Fun fact: construction of this ship started just a few months after keptick first posted about the Charon on the old site.

NullForceOmega

The Ancient
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    First, keptick, I am so very sorry, I never meant to go this big, but the design demanded it. Charon is no longer the big boy on the block.

Have some new shots, nothing super exciting, but the weapon wings are now framed, and some sorely needed systems have been added. I am very sorry to say that this ship is now slated to exceed the Charon in size by a substantial margin, tho' I can't speak as to which ship will have greater combat capacities (probably the Charon, I'm not really building to be PvP competitive.)

This is the basic framing (incomplete), the large rectangular boxes are just present as a guide, and have little bearing on the actual shape of that region of the ship:

This shot is from about the mid stage of framing, the 'caps' on the end of the wings were created to sort out the interface between the leading edge and trailing edge:

This is a front view of the finalized framing (not representative of the actual final appearance, just the base shape of the wing):

At this point the ship exceeds 750 meters in length, and 1300 meters span, while remaining a 'mere' 90 meters high. None of these numbers are final, just current.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Scypio
    Reaction score
    I see that initial wing shape, and immediately part of my mind screams "B-2 Spirit!" as in the stealth bomber.

Meanwhile, the rest of my mind is going "YAY, a wide ship, instead of a tall or long ship." Those are surprisingly rare. (the good-looking ones anyway)

NullForceOmega

The Ancient
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Actually the Spirit is the inspiration for the wing configuration, I've always liked the stealth's look. Also, wide ships are best ships, tall is strange, cigars are really overdone. My old cruiser Eidolon is also a wide ship, that's her down in my sig.