after last update 22-7-2017 game doesnt load beyond 10%

Reaction score
    hello,

after installing the last update d.d. 22-7-2017 the game could not connect to mp serveres, ( i tried several non whitelist servers , and checked if they had the latest version. all i see is the starmade logo and the mesage trying to connect.

i reinstalled starmade, and it started on the previous build, with this build i was able to play on the mp servers that havent updated yet.

then i again installed the latest version. result, after the first screen pressing launch game , the game stopped loading on 9-10 or 11% , but nothing more ,

checked uplink - was ok
    I reinstalled -no result
    i deleted and reinstalled java , - no result ,
    i deleted java and installed JDK 8U141, - no result
    i temporarily stopped virus scanners - no result
    edit , i also used the tool from Fire2 and my system is capable of running starmade (thx Fire2)

i am out of options here , the problem only occurs when trying to launch the game with the latest update
    V0.199.646

can anyone help?

Last edited:

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Could you upload your log files? That should show where's it going wrong.
    They're located in your ./StarMade/logs folder, just zip up the entire folder and upload it here on SMD.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    It looks like you have incomplete files, which makes you stop loading the game as it fails there.
    D:/Installmap/steam/steamapps/common/StarMade/StarMade/data/language/english/pack.xml

Delete the language folder (and nothing else), then redownload your game version with the launcher
    upload_2017-7-24_20-10-28.png

Reaction score
    well that solves the loading problem, so thanks for the quick help,

however the old issue is stil there , i cant connet with multiplayer servers , in the top of the screen i see "waiting for connection", after clicking a messages pops up " Zip exeption: not in GZIP format"

edit, local game doesnt work either

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Hm, seems your installation has a lot more missing or broken files.

This time, delete the textures folder, located in ./StarMade/data/.

Then use "Force Download All & Overwrite" instead with the launcher, it will take longer but should get rid of any broken file you still have.
    In case you still have problems, upload a new zip of your logs folder as I'll need to see the new logs that were added.

Reaction score
    well unfortunatly now the game does not launch at all, so here is my log

Attachments

Last edited:

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Hm, seems the files that just got fixed broke again.
    Maybe your anti virus software is deleting or messing with files?

Reaction score
    ok thx , for analizing

ill try to reinstall without the preventive scanner , and ill try another disk , to rule out any malfunctions due to a possible failing ssd

Edit: 9:55
    Ok , i tried the above without any scanner active , on a different HDD , it just doesnt work

Bedankt voor de hulp /thx for the help , but i dont think the latest update will work on my pc , i will try again after the next update

Last edited:

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    ok thx , for analizing

ill try to reinstall without the preventive scanner , and ill try another disk , to rule out any malfunctions due to a possible failing ssd

Edit: 9:55
    Ok , i tried the above without any scanner active , on a different HDD , it just doesnt work

Bedankt voor de hulp /thx for the help , but i dont think the latest update will work on my pc , i will try again after the next update
    Could try 1 more thing perhaps, doing a manual download and extracting it: http://files.star-made.org/build/starmade-build_20170718_194348.zip

Make sure to extract it within the folder it has to be, then point your launcher to that folder. You can always change your installation directory back to your steam installation:
    upload_2017-7-25_12-24-1.png

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    That worked without any problem , local and multiplayer now work , thx
    Awesome, then it does sound like some external program interfering with the launcher extracting the files. As you manually extracted it here, it went fine.

Perhaps now it will be fine for future updates if you use that installation path, if not then you'll have to manually download it from here Index of /build/, the latest build is always at the bottom but you can double check the file name:
    20170718_194348.zip -> Made on 2017 - 07 - 18 at 19:43:48​