After burner and ship parts or full ships

Reaction score
    Hey there, i'm the guy who posts exclusively in the suggestions section for some reason

Anyways got a few more ideas for the thinkers

AFTERBURNERS
    pretty simple concept, when you use them you get a large boost to your speed, but they consume "afterburner fuel" which caps at 100% and uses up let's say 5% per second of use (number can be messed with) when not using the afterburner we could go a few ways with it

1. it recharges in a freelancer style, going back up slowly to 100%

2.you need to buy, create or find more fuel to use.
    (maybe players can create space gas stations!)

3. instead of "Afterburner fuel" they use up the normal energy, the reason why I suggest against this is because people would be able to create infinite afterburner granting a large amount of speed at all times.

FULL SHIPS
    we are lucky to have some incredible talent in the community when it comes to ship design!
    So when we get the final product and want to sell the blueprint, why does the trading guild get to keep all the money!1

I'm thinking it would be a neat idea to be able to "Tie" a ship to a personal shop
    when players are browsing the shops they can go to the "ships" tab and look at whatever ships a player had made and purchase it which would change ownership to the buyer

the shop will have data like the materials it's made of, the shields, recharge, weapons, etc

Once a ship is sold, the sold ship cannot be turned into a blueprint, to help prevent players from buying a ship, cloning it and making their own stolen copies for profit

The shop owner then gets to profit from making ships, allowing players to create their own ship companies and maybe mining companies that sell parts to ship companies.
    (of course features like this would be best suited for a none sandbox game-mode imho)

SHIP PARTS
    Why not?
    I think it would be cool to see

If players can sell ships they made then why not ship parts or prefabs

Kind of like the copy paste prefabs but bought and used within the server itself, sold much the same way as ships.

Imagine you are really good at making a pretty ship, but you can't figure out systems and weapons and what not. well, another player who is great at interiors and weapons but bad at exteriors would gladly buy the prefab you made and fill it with his or her own goodies.

Any thoughts or improvements/glaring loopholes

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    We already have afterburners in the form of Overdrive.

The new blueprint system makes the second half pretty much directly opposed to the direction Starmade is going. Purchasing blocks without consideration for supply is bad. I'm not saying I agree with this concept (I don't.) but it is now the default setting for server economies.

Also, I'm not sure you understand how blueprints work.

Reaction score
    We already have afterburners in the form of Overdrive.

The new blueprint system makes the second half pretty much directly opposed to the direction Starmade is going. Purchasing blocks without consideration for supply is bad. I'm not saying I agree with this concept (I don't.) but it is now the default setting for server economies.

Also, I'm not sure you understand how blueprints work.
    no no, when I say you sell a ship, I mean you sell the entire ship as a whole, not convert into a blueprint but the actual ship

no blueprints needed

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yes, and in so doing, you will be buying blocks directly with credits.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Yes, and in so doing, you will be buying blocks directly with credits.
    Im assuming he is talking about more of a player economy here mate, where Y can sell his ships to Z, X, and A, to make money off his designs.

As long as I'm correct on this, I personally would love seeing this as it would promote a lot more player interaction.