Aerobic Maneuverability System

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Essentially, I want to add oxygen.

However... It's a pain to have a hunger bar-style 'if you're not in an air area, you will die' mechanic. Let's face it. It sucks to be bound to die.

So, here's my proposal for an air system within Starmade: Spped boosting machines.

Yeah, I know, the heck, right? What's that got to do with air?

Well, my logic is that as we are, the avatar is in a static pose, floating around via his suit's propulsion.

bUT wHAT IF WE COULD RUN?

What would it be, to live like they do... legs are required, for jumping, dancing, running around on th- uh...

no more singing.

But yeah, essentially the idea comes down to a block ("Oxygen Scrubber?") that causes speed of astronauts to be quicker whilst within X radius of it, variable depending on the R screen that pops up.

The same effect could apply to planets too: the closer you are to the centre, the more air, the further out you are, the less air, essentially making the planet a very large-scale oxygen scrubber.

While air locks and such would be silly with this idea, it then gives people something to make their ships or station seem a bit more comfortable than the wild outdoors.

And there's the idea as it is. If you have a better way to implement something like this, say it, or remain silent until you feel shame for not saying things.

So says Vorshoth!