Advancing advanced build mode

Reaction score
    First - two words: Copy Paste

I would love to see a copy and paste function that would allow me to repeat details over and over again. Things like port holes, complex reactors, logos, hull details can require a complex set of blocks and orientations. What I would like to see is an option that would allow me to use "remove" mode as a copy function, and that use regular mode as a paste function. Should this happen, my OCD would thank you.

Secondly - it would be useful if remove mode allowed for the removal of a specific block type. It could remove whatever block at whatever rotation is in the player's hands at the time. Clean-up would be a breeze!

Thirdly - Please, for the love of everything that is good and right in the world, give me an "UNDO" function. There is nothing like accidentally placing down a 10^3 block of hull when you were trying to simply make a giant ice-cube with hull-flies stuck inside plex-glass. Now we have to dig out the hull flies by hand, or remove the whole cube and start over. I hyperbolize, but I think most people can relate.

Fourth - would it be possible to have a radius-based fill command? Something where I could create a super awesome bomb-shell and then fill it with disintegrators? That way, when some perv runs into my giant starmade Charlize Theron statue (in her Aeon Flux outfit) the whole situation blows up in his face. Or I could just build complex ship designs, and as long as they are closed I could fill the far reaches of them with shields/power tanks/whatever.

Finally - Seeing the scale of ships being built I believe 10x10x10 is too limited in size. I think increasing the dimensions allowed to 20x20x20 would be beneficial to builders. Not necessarily so I can put down 8000 shield blocks at a time, but so that I can lay down 20 block long lines of wedges, or a 20x20 plate of hull. I believe this would help save time on medium and larger builds. Even ships that were only 4 blocks long would be easier to lay out, allowing players to spend more time expressing themselves creatively.

Thanks for your consideration!

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Copy/Cut/Paste

But paste should fix the size (not changeable) to the content in your clipboard.

also, you can actually place 20^3 if you use mirrow mode.

If it is too laggy with allowing bigger boxes, just set the maximum to 10\'000 blocks - you can\'t enable another mirrow mode if it would exceed it. You can\'t increase your other dimensions if you would exceed the limit (\"Please lower your dimensions or disable a mirrow-mode before doing this\" error message).

Not all of us want to set 100 in a cube, but maybe a line.

Instead of the undo button, how about an apply function (apply to the synced version) and a reset function (drop local-only, use local synced). You could only sync if your inventar contains the difference of used blocks

It would also decrease the network traffic and server demands.

Reaction score
    Want a measuring tool. You select the blocks, it tells you how many are there, and where the middle is. It could also show you every other block as well, in case you want to do ribbing.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You want to see where the enemy big ship has hidden the faction module which denies you to enter the core and save to local? You are a bad guy! :)

But it would help a lot if you can only show selected grid and free space around it.