advanced trading and technological advancment system.

Reaction score
    currently starmade is a sandbox game. How about giving a near infinite amount of player control by having an advancement system?

Before you scream that changing blocks will break stuff, hear me out.

When you buy from a shop, there are two slots. Recipe and shop. Why not add another slot called "player blocks" which displays the list of blocks that other players are selling. Players can name the price.

Now for the advacement system. When you start up a factory for certain blocks, as it produces you can dump blocks and money into "research" which simply allows you to increase a stat on a block. this stat increase would be displayed by a +%whateverstat below the regular stats. base increase is +1% damage, range, bullet speed, explosion radius, power production,etc. For every stat increase the block recipe gains a level. For example, my missiles with +5% damage would be level 5. The player picks what stat to increase from a list. the cost to increase the recipe would be a certain number of the block that doubles every time.

Players can sell their blocks at a shop by putting it into a slot at any shop, an then the player would name the price, and the shop would charge them money depending on how many blocks are being sold.

Now you must be like, BUT EPIC I SAVE OP SHIP WIT LVL100000000000000 BLOCKS MY CATALOG BREAK WHEN I USE OUTSIDE SERVER. Well, my caps inclined freind, the blocks revert back to their originals upon exporting them OUTSIDE the server. Saving a ship with OP blocks INSIDE a server wouldn't break them.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    for the shop thing players can place shops. All they need is a shop module. And the 2nd thing might take a hell lot of programing so for now lets just let schema work on the next update shall we?

Reaction score
    Not sure if trolling or actually doesn\'t understand that I DIDN\'T EXPECT SCHEMA TO JUMP ON IT RIGHT AWAY AND ABANDON EVERYTHING.

Reaction score
    I actually think you\'re on to something. If not to add levels to the blocks maybe add requirements to buy certain tiers of blocks. I think it would be cool to gradually become \"more advanced\" as you play.

Reaction score
    So you\'re speaking of some sort of block-levelling-mechanic, including a levelled player-shop/factory system?

If yes, then it sounds \'almost like\' the blueprint researching system within EVE Online, but directly affecting the items, rather than their needed ressources...

Reaction score
    I like the current system of shops in which more powerful or rich people can set up a shop, and there are ways of making profit from differing prices. As for levelling up blocks, I ask you to consider this: fighter with level 1000 weapons and shields vs frigate. I prefer \"what you see is what you get.\" Also, all this extra info about every block would cause serious lag.