Advanced Search is now Live

Reaction score
    I have just finished the installation of our new advanced search system for StarMadeDock. This new system will greatly improve the accuracy of your searches, as well as minimize load on the main databases by indexing all posts in a separate database engine explicitly designed for complex queries.

If you have any issues with the new search system, please send me a PM, and as always, thank you for playing StarMade!

- Miles 'wedtm' Smith
    Web Director, StarMade

Reaction score
    Great, I'm guessing it uses that word association system? (forgot name)

Also any word on the new chat system?

Reaction score
    The new search system uses ElasticSearch as the backend index. This allows searches to use stemming from (english) words. For example, searching for the word 'test', will also find results for the words 'tester', 'testing', 'tested', etc.

As for the new chat system, we are currently working on implementing a 3rd-party solution while we continue to build our custom chat system. Building a multi-user, multi-protocol chat system is a daunting task, and we want to ensure that we've thought of everything before releasing it on the wild.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Thanks, now it will be easier to search for duplicates ^^

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Search is nice and all... but where is our chat system? The temporary chat may as well be official at this point

Reaction score
    Search is nice and all... but where is our chat system? The temporary chat may as well be official at this point
    As for the new chat system, we are currently working on implementing a 3rd-party solution while we continue to build our custom chat system. Building a multi-user, multi-protocol chat system is a daunting task, and we want to ensure that we've thought of everything before releasing it on the wild.
    It might take a while, but hell as long as it works silky smooth I'm fine.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Gasp... I can see all my posts from here! (Me checking out advanced search.)

Reaction score
    Why do you guys not use an existing and working live chat solution though instead of building one? There are quite a few of them, such as ArrowChat and probably some others too.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Why do you guys not use an existing and working live chat solution though instead of building one? There are quite a few of them, such as ArrowChat and probably some others too.
    Those also require implementation into our registry system.