Advanced Gravity Modules

Reaction score
    So i've been thinking and reading alot about this game, and i came across a post suggesting landing gear. It came to my mind that when you made a space station, it would be awesome to be able to have gravity on it that affects ships, and have it modular like the enhancers for docking stations. It would make things like landing gears way more useful, and would also be an easier solution than those gravity modules that are in the game now. I do however not think you should remove the other gravity modules, they are great for big ships, but i miss something that suits a space station better. It could possibly be space station specific.

Another suggestion i have, is to make it possible to turn around the SD Cockpits, since i'd love to be able to look behind my ship when backing into my space station. Especially large ships would be benefitted by this.

Thank you for your time, and i hope you'll support and maybe add to my suggestions.

-Werty

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Mabye you could have it so that a space station has a proximity that its gravity affects ships and people, just like a planet.

Reaction score
    it\'d be a good idea that when you place a gravety unit you have to mark an area where the gravity has effect. even if it\'s just a cube its still something

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like the effecting ships part, I have a friend with a massive ship and it\'s in a boat shape so naturally it has a flat deck that my ship can easily land on but it\'s a pain to have I float 5 blocks off the deck. This would be the perfect solution. But as an add-on to your idea I think there should be an add-on block or some sort of option tht makes it so you can have 2 or more sides of gravity. Making it possible to have double or more sides to a space station. Such as a disk with the gravity in the middle making it possible to land on either side.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    First I think that one of the issues is that you can\'t direct your gravity unit as you wish. What if you want a ship in which floors are perpendicular to your traveling direction ?

I would suggest that the current gravity unit feature be splitted into two different functionnalities :

• On the one hand, a personnal gravity unit affecting players, which functions like the current gravity unit; maybe with a limited area of effect and a tiny power consumption. It would be usable on ships or space stations. (Maybe override planet gravity, causing a higher power consumption.)
    • On the other hand, a global gravity unit affecting ships AND players within a certain area, usable only on space stations. However to expand the zone, you would need to group these blocs. (This would allow you to use all of this unused space on the roof of your rooms ;) )

Reaction score
    The personnal gravity unit should isntead be renamed to a Magnetic Unit or something similar, to prevent confusion. That way, it makes sense that you have to manually activate to block (to set your suit\'s magnetic frequency to match, or what have you). In this way, you can have very large ships with different orientations (upside down, left, or whatever, based on the orientation of the placement of the Magnetic Module) in different segments.

The Gravity Generators should work like the current Docking units. When placed, the gravity field shows up as a blue outline (thus you can have multiple different directions/sections on one ship), and it\'s size based on the amount of Gravity Enhancer units are attached to the Generator. Gravity Units no longer operate if the Gravity Field overlaps any other Gravity Fields, to prevent weird glitches/avoid problems. The Gravity Generator should be quite power-hungry, to prevent over-use and lagging servers with small ships that have gravity for the purpose of griefing (i.e. \"tractor beaming\" offline player\'s ships)