Advanced Docking Block

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I thumbed through the forums and couldn't find this posted so I figured I would give it a go.

The concept is an advanced docking block designed for ships. Once this block is attached to a ship (We'll call it the core ship) any ship that is attached to it contributes its power, thrusters, shields, etc, as though they were one ship instead of two. In addition, the core ship would be able to control and fire the weapons of the secondary ship.

Why? Modular ship design. Anyone who's watched TNG rememebers that the ship in that show could split itself in to two independant entities, but normally operated as a single one. This would allow for ships built in Starmade to do the same thing.

In a more general sense, it would also allow for the creation of a general ship design that could assume a specific role based upon which interchangable modules were attached to it. More guns, mining arrays, more shields or power.

It also give better rise to the possibility of tugs or cargo freighters using "Cargo Modules".

It's a though and something I would like to hear pros and cons on. :)

Reaction score
    You may take a look at my post.

http://star-made.org/content/new-docking-system-combine

It would be great to build ships like that in starmade, glad somebody else want that too.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would have to agree this could be a nice additon to the docking options.