Advanced Building Bug

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I am having a graphical glitch where if i press left control in build mode all of the blocks will disappear temporarily if not permanently. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Same here. Here, have an example for the people who have no Idea what he means:

All I did was pressing control, and releasing it again.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have been having the same problem. I hope i can find a way to resolve this soon.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Just wondering since it looks like a graphical glitch what video cards are all of you using?

Reaction score
    I\'ve had a temporary disappearance issue for a while, but I could work around it easily by making sure I didn\'t have any ship components selected. However, ever since this last update, the moment I hit left control, all blocks disappear for good. The only way I\'ve been able to fix this so far is by restarting the game. I\'ve even tried changing graphics settings of all kinds and even leaving and re-entering the sector.

This laptop has a basic Intel HD graphics card with updated drivers. I had been able to play just fine before this latest update.

Reaction score
    The last time I was building, I had placed a build block on a planet several sectors away and used build mode to collect precious resources in hard to reach areas. Ever since then I had the glitch. To test, I went back to the same planet, placed the build block down, got in, went into advanced without a problem, got out, broke the build block, got in my spaceship, went in to build mode, went back into flight mode, gave some pirates the slip, and then made it back home. Since I did that, I no longer have any problems.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The same thing happens to me, I have the same graphics card as Kharthynogus.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It looks like just from the fact that most of you having this issue use on board intel GPU\'s it might be an issue with that type of graphics? I am not master of these things by any-means but the coincidence is suspect

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Now it seems that the glitch only happens everyother time I start the game not sure what caused this to happen but its better I guess...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have an intel card.

This bug was really killing me until I found the work around. Basically you have to not have any block in your hotbar that has an orientation option selected or be aiming at a block that has this option (unsure) when you hit Lctrl to enter advanced build mode.

As it stands for me I have to restart the game everytime I mess up and have a orientation block selected. Which means that I can\'t use wedges or corners which is kind of annoying. Some blocks like cockpits and weapons computers what I\'ve been doing is aiming at where I want the block to go selecting it, hitting advanced build and using the mouse wheel to change its facing then placing it and restarting the game. Worst case scenario I might have a friend on my server place the blocks for me.

Hopefully this will be fixed at some point. I hope this helps.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m also having the same issue. By the looks of it, for those of us with laptops, it looks like we\'re screwed for now. This is actually a real annoying problem, and part of the reason why I\'ve been taking some time away from the game, since I can\'t actually place any blocks that are not normal square blocks. I\'m kind of one of those people who\'s a perfectionist, so I don\'t like square, blocky ships :/...

Hopefully this will be fixed soon, either that, or I\'m only going to be able to play this game on a desktop computer, which means money I don\'t have :/

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I have had this problem as well, and I REALLY don\'t want to restart this build.

http://star-made.org/content/large-ship-build-issue