Advanced Build "Show only block type X"

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    As I progress in building a new ship design it becomes extremely difficult to go back and tweak systems. The components get buried and I loose track of them. I would love to see a function in advanced build where I can choose which blocks are visible on the screen. The rest of the blocks would become invisible. This would make it much easier to find and view the system I want to tweak.

What do you think?

Reaction score
    I feel like the engine would have a hard time making this work, But I like it regardless.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I couldn't agree more.
    In the mean time it may be helpful to use the advance build delete/replace function. You could delete all "other" blocks to see what your're dealing with.
    If it was me, I would save the Blueprint of the ship you're working on, admin load a copy, and perform your deletes to the copy. :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Great idea. an option to choose the transparency of other blocks might useful. I personally would like to be able to see the relative position of the blocks im working on.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Even just the ability to highlight certain blocks inside a ship would be great. I can select a computer to see where it's modules are but there is no way to do the same for shields, power, hull...

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Even just the ability to highlight certain blocks inside a ship would be great. I can select a computer to see where it's modules are but there is no way to do the same for shields, power, hull...
    Actually you kind of can.... but it would take a bit of pre-planning. You can link all of your shield blocks (or any other block for that matter) to an activation block while your building. If you're working with blocks that already need to be connected like power reactors, or power capacitors, just throw down an activation block and shift click on the connected blocks. This is how I find power capacitor blocks that aren't connected to the group.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think the non-selected block types should remain translucent, but for larger ships, that may bring the game to its knees. Maybe a client-side config option for build-mode block transparency, defaulting to 100% transparent?