Advanced Build Mode Toggle

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    I would like the option to have the Ctrl key toggle advanced build mode off and on. I have a heroic pinky finger due to a lifetime of FPS gaming, but it's still convenient to not have to hold the button down when I'm doing a lot of advanced build stuff.

Perhaps you could implement it as a check box in the advanced build menu itself. "Toggle on Ctrl" or some such. That way, users can use the toggle when and if they need it.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    why dont you guys post all your problems/suggestions in one single thread instead of creating millions of threads.
    its not against the law or anything,but this just clutters the forums.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    As an option, I approve. And I'll use it too. Sometimes I just need advanced for one or two block, but sometimes I need it for and entire panel of my ship.

why dont you guys post all your problems/suggestions in one single thread instead of creating millions of threads.
    Seriously? It hard enough to keep a thread on topic. Give it 3 topics and we'll end up discussing purple unicorns besieging Castle Grayskull during the S'theen migration.

Crap, we're already off topic.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I think small, focused threads are the way to go for suggestions. Single idea threads are less likely to go off-topic, are more succinct to read and understand, and may be easier for a dev to digest during a break than a multi-page omnibus thread.

Even if breaking out ideas into individual threads "clutters the forums," it's not a big onus to go back a page or two to catch all the new content for the day. Also, the individual threads no one cares about will quickly vanish into the depths of the internet forum underworld.

Now, with that out of the way, back to advanced build toggle - I think it's an easily implemented fix that makes long building sessions a little bit nicer. What's your opinion?

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Well, you made about four thread and all of them are for build mode...

Anyway, you're not the first to suggest an advanced build mode toggle, and you (probably) won't be the last.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Well, you made about four thread and all of them are for build mode...

Anyway, you're not the first to suggest an advanced build mode toggle, and you (probably) won't be the last.
    Out of the threads I posted last night, only two were for build mode, and this toggle idea came after I'd already written the first thread and gone back to building in-game. I figured it was sufficiently different from my first that it didn't warranted a new thread instead of changing a thread title and editing a post. Regardless, if I've breached forum etiquette with my posting it's probably better to resolve it via PMs instead of polluting a thread with it.

I did a search and couldn't find any threads which suggested an advanced build mode toggle. If I missed one, point me to it and I can merge this thread into the existing one - there's no reason to have multiple threads on one topic.

Thanks for the feedback!