Advanced build mode: Symmetry and multiple block placing tool glitch

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen

I get this problem with using advanced build tools, namely the symmetry tool and the multiple block tools, and mostly with building large ships. Above is the side that I placed the blocks on, with no problems visible. I've also noticed that once I get to a certain point on one side, the other side simply stops when it reaches the end of the grid.

The other side of the build, which placed itself through the symmetry tool looks like this.

I don't suppose there's a fix for this or something I can do?
    It's proving to be incredibly difficult to build ships on a massive scale with this constantly occuring.
    It also mainly happens when I use the multiple block placing tool. The large circle that can be seen I built individually, block by block. I had all 3 planes of symmetry set to the centre and experienced no problems with any other quarters of the circle as they all built themselves...

I had a quick search through the forums and couldn't find anything of the sort being reported.
    I thought I may as well put this up for reference at least...

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    This generally happens to me when I\'m making the frame of a large ship, while it\'s trying to load up more space for the ship to use.
    After the frame is finished, though, it seems to stop. Sometimes.

I\'d say it\'s some sort of Java/Memory error

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    This usually happens to me too.

Sometimes it helps to have your ship in the exact center of a sector.

Reaction score
    As said above, it should help to build something simple as long \"lines\" reaching all outer edges, just so that the chunks get allocated first. Then the advanced build should work.

(Yes, it is a bug.)