Advanced build mode changes

Reaction score
    Simple changes to the advanced build mode, in a single picture.

Reaction score
    Oh, I don\'t know about color. After all there are only about 9 colors (as of now).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Can you explain to me the difference between shape and orientation? Are these changes supposed to go through all the items you have in your inventory in the case that it is concerned with being a wedge, corner or whole block?

Also some suggestions include not having the advanced build mode reset each time. Being able to type the length in addition to repeatedly clicking the arrows. Perhaps lengths greater than 10, if that is not too taxing. Being able to mass-connect/disconnect blocks using advanced build mode (e.g. if you accidently delete one of your computers but have 200+ AMC\'s). Just a few things that would be convenient for me.

Reaction score
    Shape: block, corner, wedge, upcoming tetrahedron

Orientation: orientation

You can already connect all the blocks in the same array at a time. shift+v.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    o_O good to know, I\'ll definetly utilize that from hereonin. Again with the shape, I see an issue with the seaving through all that. Since it\'s connected to your inventory. If not, then the issue is if you select it but don\'t have it. Nonetheless hopefully that won\'t be a problem, if it happens.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    With the upcoming new blocks this will be really nice to have. I deffinetly support it. And idea to improve advance build mode would be to be able to change where you place a block on another. For example you can make it so that you place it in the face, corner, or edge of previous places blocks. This will make creating diagonal lines really convenient, and not just lines at 45 degrees but any angle since you can have multiple places selected at once.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Perhaps you should have 6 arrows on orientation so that we can reach a given position easily. Right now it\'s a pain in the butt to do that even with only 12 directions on the wedge.

Also regarding shape you could have it so it won\'t display shapes you don\'t have in your inventory.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Or just get rid of all the different kind of shapes and let the generic block be placed in any of the shape types.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Have u ever wanted to place docks on the sides of ur ships, but they face the same way? One of the docks is facing out from the hull, but the other isnt, so u have to go out of symmetry to fix it. +1 from me

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Yeah I would love to see these changes, with the addition of a color option too.

@ awesome270

Yeah it\'s really annoying that not all blocks mirror like wedges do.

Reaction score
    They should make it so that you could have multiple symmetry planes. Meaning that you could have two or more y-z, x-y, x-z planes

Reaction score
    I don\'t think that would work out.

For example if you had 2 YZ planes, and you place one block, would the block be reflected on all planes? if so, that would theoretically mean you had 3 YZ planes. And which plane is it going to be based on? like,

x|x|x

Say the x is a block, and the | are planes. Is the block on the left going to be reflected once again on the far right, making it

x|x|x x ?

Here comes the fun part.

Then, the blocks on the right would be reflected with the plane on the left.

x x x|x|x x

Then on the right...

x x x|x|x x x x

and there\'s an infinite process of symmetrical copies.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The first thing we need is an auto-rotator checkbox:

It dedects if wedges will get placed somewhere were only 2 blocks are adjacent and rotate it to fit. Same with corners and dock slots ...

Automatically selects blocks, corners, wedges - whatever fits - if you have the same color and quality as current in your inventory (don\'t forget to replace adjacent blocks which doesn\'t fit anymore, too).

And we don\'t need the shape anymore - the area is free for other things.

And then extend the size of advanced build modes from 10 to a max product of 1000 and a max number of 100 (if higher numbers cause lags).

BTW: I am missing radial symetrie :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    First, the box sizes are now buttons you can click and change. The orientation has three paors of arrows. The green arrows rotate the block around the vertical/y axis. The red arrows rotate the block around the sideways/x axis. The blue arrows rotate the block around the lengthwise/z axis. The red and blue pairs switch position based on what part of the block is front/back and left/right.

Also, it is in a box. If you click inside the box, nothing will be placed/removed. Right now advanced build mode has this, but it is invisble so you don\'t know if it will place or not.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    i would add multiple lines of symmetry along the same axis (ex. putting 2 YZ-planes down so you can edit both sides of a structure on the left and right halves of the ship)

also i would make it so to access remove mode you have to hold down a button like alt. way too many times where i removes vital blocks when i wanted place more down cuz remove mode was on

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Last image, but please split \"set\" into set(x) and [align to]

Sometimes you just want to unset a symetry for 1-2 blocks and not set it again or randomly missclick another plane instead.

Maybe make planes not primarily white, but a very transparent RedGreenBlue for xyz.

Reaction score
    I would suggest something like this for the block rotation interface:

A bit more intuitive.