"Advanced Build mode" block remove distance

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I increased the advanced build area from 10 to 15, and I really like it. The problem I have is, that with the tiny distance required to remove a large group of blocks. You have to move your Point of View like 10 blocks away before it lets you remove. It makes it hard to see the scope of what you are removing, and it makes working on large structures more difficult than it needs to be.

I remember when this didn't used to be an issue. Is there any way to increase the distance in settings? I poked around all the settings and configuration files I couldn't find any.

I am hoping that this is not the intended operation, but IIRC, it changed around the time people were whining about Build Blocks being "too powerful" whatever that means.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    What I am saying is, that in remove mode, the point of view has to be so close to the area to be removed, that the remove area does not all fit on the screen.
    That sounds like either a bug or something on your side. Try creating a new install folder with a new game, and use that to test it again. If the problem persists, it would be a good idea to submit a bug report on the tracker.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Unless something has changed in the latest build one can place or remove blocks in advanced or normal build mode at any reasonable distance from the subject.

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Did a full wipe of the game and downloaded fresh. Now remove attempts at distances more than ~10 blocks works about 10% percent of the time. This is an improvement over it never working. On the bright side, I now know that this is not the intended function, and I can proceed accordingly.

Thanks guys!
    Ian